POSITION TITLE: Server
REPORTS TO: First Assistant
At Tumbleweed Tex Mex Grill & Margarita Bar we pride ourselves on ENERGY, FUN and putting our EMPLOYEES FIRST! As a valued Server, you not only bring the best Tex Mex food and Margaritas to our guests but your friendly smile, winning personality and passion to please! We want you to be the kind of Server you'd want to have. After all, you know that having a great Server can make or break the experience. We want you to create an amazing dining experience for you guests so that the next time they return, they say, "We'd love to have YOU as their Server!"
If this sounds like you, then apply now because opportunity and good times are calling your name!
Working at Tumbleweed means...
· Creating an awesome experience for every guest that makes them want to come back again and again
· Serving irresistible food and drinks
· Working with an amazing team
· Taking pride in your work and in the brand
· Starting every day with a fresh start and positive attitude
· Striving for success and enjoying a culture that is fun, motivating and passionate
What we offer…
· Highly competitive earning opportunities – it’s a WIN WIN
· Career opportunities and development - we want you to grow and succeed!
· Healthcare and wealth (401K) plan - your health and future matters to us!
· Recognition and anniversary program - we value YOU!
· Dining Discount - great way to enjoy those BIG BOLD FLAVORS!
· Formal training programs - learning is everything!
· Flexible scheduling - we care about your life outside of work too!
· Vacation - everyone needs a break!
· Thanksgiving and Christmas days off - enjoy with your family!
· Relaxed work attire - comfort makes you feel good!
· Great team culture that is committed to our core values: Be Real. Do Right. Bring Joy. Give Thanks.
· NOTE: Benefits available upon meeting eligibility requirements
A Tumbleweed server is responsible for describing what is on the menu, suggesting and taking orders, delivering the orders, and generally doing what is necessary to ensure your guest was impressed! In addition, it is the server’s responsibility to bring three pens (blue or black ink only), a $20 bank in a change pouch, a clean, black Tumbleweed server apron, a clean shirt, marketing pins and a notepad for taking orders.
1.) Turn every guest into a loyal user and positive promoter of Tumbleweed
2.) Describing the menu to the guests and suggesting items to be ordered
3.) Taking the food and beverage orders and communicating them to the person who will fill them
4.) Serving the orders quickly and correctly
5.) Being alert to ongoing guests’ needs and responding to them effectively
6.) Serving alcohol responsibly
7.) Handling cash transaction in a manner that protects the interest of both the guest and the restaurant
8.) Working closely with other restaurant personnel to ensure a well maintained, clean and organized operation
9.) Performing all opening, running and closing side work as required
10.) Performing other tasks as required by management (weekly cleaning)
11.) Adhere to Tumbleweed’s sanitation standards
Specific Skills & Qualities:
1.) Friendly, outgoing disposition
2.) Excellent communication skills
3.) Ability to analyze and solve simple, recurring problems
4.) Alert, caring attitude toward job responsibilities
5.) A high value on helpfulness and teamwork
6.) Ability to handle multiple tasks in highly distracting circumstances
7.) Personal pride in appearance and work performed
8.) High degree of comfort working with the POSi System
9.) Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
Tumbleweed Tex Mex Grill & Margarita Bar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin or any other legally protected status. We encourage and welcome all applicants to apply.