POSITION TITLE: Dishwasher
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
The Dishwasher is responsible for washing all dishes, flatware and cooking utensils in the restaurant in a manner that meets Tumbleweed standards of cleanliness & sanitation, and maintaining the dishwashing area in a manner that meets all health standards. Treat your area as if it were a surgical room. It should be the cleanest part of the restaurant!
- Have a complete working knowledge of the operation and use of the dishwashing machine and compartment sink.
- Be able to maintain a working pace that ensures an adequate supply of service ware regardless of the volume of business.
- Ensure that all items are properly cleaned, sanitized and stored in their proper places.
- Maintain a level of cleanliness, sanitation and personal hygiene that meets TumbleweeD
- Understand and follow all safety and sanitation standards to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Know and be able to perform all duties related to Opening and Closing a shift.
- Perform any additional duties as required.
Specific Skills and Qualities:
- Have a working knowledge of the Principles of Sanitation.
- Be able to stay organized in high traffic, high volume situations.
- Have the strength to handle the physical demands of a job that requires a good deal of stretching and lifting (up to 60 pounds).