Brief Description: Reports directly to Treasurer while supporting the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and other Executive management from the prospective Steel Dynamics relationship with Federal and State government administrations and elected officials.
- Develop new and foster existing relationship with government authorities, elected officials, committees, etc. at the federal level and at selected key states.
- Legislatively represents and works to protect the interest of steel industry in general and Steel Dynamics specifically.
-Analyzes proposed legislation, regulatory activity and developing trends to determine the potential impact.
-Develops and executes with top management the company’s response to existing and new developments in the government arena.
- Works with various steel related trade associations to further industry objectives.
- Assist management and corporate legal counsel in the development of compliance policies and procedures related to government interaction.
- Assist with general business-related risk assessment analyses.
- Assist corporate legal with customer/vendor foreign trade issues including contract review & working with US customs and border control
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree required
- Juris Doctor or equivalent government affairs experience required
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and knowledge of industrial business topics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective written and persuasive verbal communication skills.