Director of Sales
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To lead the sales team in generating top line revenue to meet or exceed budget expectations, and establishing and maintaining relations with current and future clients.
- Direct and assist with making sales environment conducive to learning. Participate in associate functions, client and guest events, and community events
- Direct and assist with developing and maintaining the business/marketing plan with the sales team and General Manager
- Establish, monitor and hold staff accountable for weekly, monthly and annual sales goals for each sales team member
- Direct sales team and participate in qualifying leads and prospects gained from tele-prospecting, cold calls, sales blitzes and other lead sources to cultivate lead sources
- Direct sales team and participate in making outside sales calls
- Network with prospects to uncover other decision makers
- Establish and maintain close contact with top and target accounts through phone calls, appointments, tours, written correspondence and entertainment. Assess future and current needs of the client
- Direct sales team in rate and revenue strategies and establish competitive rates for transient sales
- Direct/Complete weekly and monthly sales call reports and submit to General Manager.
- Build and maintain rapport with competitor hotels, lead sources, clients and local community.
- Maintain accurate records, sales files, and trace system on top and target accounts.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews of sales team as required
- Fluent in basic computer skills to include Word and Excel in business format.
- Fluent in electronic communications (email).
- Direct hotel sales experience (5-10 years minimum)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as team player with all levels of hotel staff.
- Excellent guest relations skills.
- College degree and/or equivalent sales experience required.
- Must have knowledge of local area
JOB SETTING AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Employees in this position work primarily in an office environment. To perform the job successfully the candidate must be able to use a computer and other standard office equipment. The candidate must also be able to sit for long periods of time and talk on the phone. Fluency in the English language and the ability to speak, hear, read and write are required as is the ability to work any hours/days of the week necessary to meet business requirements.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of people assigned to this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. All employees may be required to perform activities outside of their normal job responsibilities from time to time as needed.
EOE - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.