Job Title: Dining Room Supervisor
Position Summary: The Dining Room Supervisor oversees the day to day operations of the dining room to ensure a high quality culinary experience for our residents. As a liaison between the dining room and kitchen, the supervisor is a strong communicator, maintaining grace under pressure and the utmost professionalism and respect. Additionally, they assist in the leadership and training of associates and ensure the dining room runs smoothly and efficiently at all times. They are also responsible for scheduling dining room associates and planning dining room setup. This position reports to the Culinary Service Director and resides in the Culinary department. As a direct line to the residents, this position must respond to and resolve any concerns brought to their attention. The Dining Room Supervisor sets the tone for exemplary hospitality and a willingness to go above and beyond to accommodate residents and exceed their expectations.
Our Culinary Department provides nourishing and delicious meals that are served in a warm and inviting environment. The department operates with the knowledge that meals and food activities are a crucial part of every residents’ day. Delivering a memorable dining experience for our residents is our top priority.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Schedule dining room associates and plans dining room setup based upon anticipated resident census and operational needs.
- Cover shifts as a Server or Host as needed.
- Assist in supervision of dining room team members to help assure proper service delivery.
- Assist in the hiring, training, supervision, scheduling and evaluating of the service team in the dining room.
- Resolve concerns regarding the dining experience of residents and guests.
- Review and be familiar with residents’ dining restrictions. Ensure that the server team is aware has knowledge of resident restrictions.
- Serve as liaison between the dining room and kitchen, working closely with other leadership in the department.
- Direct pre-meal meetings with dining room personnel and brief culinary service associates on upcoming events and community functions, as coordinated by the Culinary Service Director.
- Ensure correct appearance, cleanliness and safety of dining room areas, table settings glassware, silverware, equipment and fixtures. Checks the maintenance of all equipment in the dining room and reports deficiencies and maintenance concerns.
- Maintain an inventory of dining room supplies and ensures that they are properly stored and accounted for.
- Assist in oversight of the community café service.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned by Culinary Service Director.
At Waltonwood, we are all a part of a team who are here to serve the residents living in our communities. Our residents count on us every hour of every day. First and foremost, we expect our associates to have regular attendance; defined as being on time and present to all scheduled shifts, for the entire shift. Our associates need to value the importance of timeliness, punctuality, and dependability, and how the lack of these critical elements affects others in the workplace and the overall community operations. We expect all associates to be willing to lend a helping hand to co-workers, direct reports, and supervisors, whether it is one of their typical job responsibilities or not. This includes welcoming new associates and residents into the community, and making them feel at home. Associates need to keep the best interests of the residents and other associates in mind, and be an active participant in accomplishing team, community, and company goals.
- Customer Focused – Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customer by establishing and maintaining effective relationships as well as gaining trust and respect of customers.
- Integrity and Trust – Does what they say they will do, does not take the easy road, and does not misrepresent themselves for personal gain. Always does the right thing, even when it does not benefit themselves
- Detail Oriented – Pays attention to the smallest details in a situation, and truly cares about them. Understands the importance of all aspects of a given task, no matter how trivial they may seem. Values the importance of gathering all relevant information before making a decision.
- Work Ethic – Places value on hard work and achieving goals. Takes pride in work related activities, tasks and responsibilities. Acts professionally, respectfully, and is dedicated to work. Takes accountability and responsibility for their work and work related tasks.
- Strong Communication Skills –Clearly and accurately provides pertinent information to individuals in verbal and/or written form. Able to accurately convey information in a way that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Prior supervisory and food service experience in the hospitality industry a must. Fine dining experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of dining etiquettes, food handling techniques, and a high level of customer service.
- ServSafe Certification preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Constant use of manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, squat, kneel, push and pull.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements including simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Occasional sitting, with constant walking and standing