You are applying for work for a franchisee of Schlotzsky's, not Schlotzsky's corporate or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs, which can vary between franchisees.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Cashier position is responsible for executing the Schlotzsky's Brand Standards to ensure successful operations, Guest service and achievement of financial targets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Guest Service Station
- Follow cash handling procedures at all times.
- Executes proper security and cash handling and control processes.
- Accurately enters orders into the POS system.
- Repeats order back to guest to minimize order inaccuracies.
- Counts change back to guest.
- Thank guests for eating at Schlotzsky's and invite them to come again.
- Suggestive sell specific products as directed by management team.
- Work at a pace to maintain restaurant's established speed of service guidelines.
- Changes syrup in soda fountains and monitors C02 levels.
- Fills and maintains ice machines, tea, lemonade, and water containers.
- Maintains a sufficient supply of napkins, straws, sweeteners, and utensils.
- Keeps the floor around drink station dry at all times.
- Executes proper cooking, frosting, and holding times for Cinnabon.
- Keeps adequate supplies of cooked product.
- Follows proper re-heating procedures for Cinnabon.
- Follows proper procedures for CinnaPacks.
- Maintains the display table with adequate supply and proper shelf life.
Dining Room Station
- Monitors dining room and picks up dishes, utensils, and trash from customers who have finished their meal.
- Keeps tables clean at all times.
- Monitors trash receptacles and empties as needed.
- Keeps floors clean of debris and mops up spills immediately.
- Clean windows and glass doors throughout shift as needed.
- Monitors restrooms stocks toilet paper and paper towels.
- Wipes sink areas as needed to keep countertop dry.
- Cleans toilets and sinks and mops floors at the beginning (and end) of each day and as needed throughout the day.
- Cleans mirrors throughout the day.
- Empties trash receptacles as needed.
Parking Lot/Exterior Station
- Monitors parking lot and picks up debris.
- Cleans tables and chairs on patio.
- Monitors outside trash receptacles and empties as needed.
- Consults with management regarding customer issues.
- Maintains a positive working relationship and treats all employees with respect.
- Must become familiar with and adhere to Company cash handling policies.
- Must become familiar with and adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Must maintain a positive attitude and follow the direction of managers at all times.
- Must adhere to strict safety and sanitation standards.
- Report to work timely for each scheduled shift.
- Arrive and depart from work meeting all uniform and grooming standards.
GENERAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age in order to operate certain kitchen equipment.
- Should be proficient and knowledgeable of procedures for all guest service stations.
- Essential functions of the position include, but is not limited to:
- Lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Lifting a full 33-gallon trash bag from trash container.
- Standing and walking throughout a scheduled shift.
- Bending, stretching, reaching, pushing and kneeling to reach certain products or clean certain areas of the restaurant.
- Performing repetitive hand and arm motions.
- Certain job functions require ability to perform repetitive slicing motions with a sharp knife.
- Certain job functions require ability to handle hot food by hand for several seconds at a time, throughout a scheduled shift.