Directs the sales activities of the dealership by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Ensures that all Federal, State, Local and company policies are followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels and monitors the performance of all salespeople.
- Directs sales staffing and training in ways that will enhance the development and control of our sales process.
- Handles all activities at the sales desk, ensures proper conduct at the sales desk at all times.
- Monitors and directs the asst. sales manager’s daily activities.
- Responsible for tracking all daily activities to include: customer traffic, phone traffic, follow up traffic, deliveries, CSI and gross profit.
- Works with F&I dept. to ensure accurate information on all customers and their vehicle information.
- Ensures the process for taking credit information is done lawfully and that all information is protected.
- Ensures 100% turnover to F&I dept.
- Ensures that the company policy for Privacy Notices is being followed.
- Works with F&I to ensure maximum profitability.
- Ensures that Red Flag and OFAC checks are being processed and that company policies are being followed.
- Assist F&I in the financing of all customers.
- Ensures accuracy of all information.
- Has a strong working knowledge of the DMS system.
- Assists in Establishing annual and monthly objectives for unit sales, gross profits, expenses and operating profit.
- Monitors salesperson productivity and performance.
- Orders/acquires new and used vehicle inventory.
- Administers and monitors factory-sponsored programs.
- Displays, merchandises and promotes new and used vehicles.
- Reviews market analyses and sales reports to determine customer needs and volume potential and develops sales campaigns to accommodate the goals of the dealership.
- Serves as liaison between sales department and other departments.
- Ensures that all federal, state, local and company policies are being followed to assure the safeguarding of customer information.
- Attends managers meetings as requested.
- Ensures all payroll data is accurate (pay plans, job descriptions, bonus structures) .
- Conducts one-on-one sessions with all salespeople.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect used vehicle sales.
- Process all paperwork to Human Resources in a timely manner.
- Follows the dress code the company has put in place. Maintains a clean and neat work area.
- Follows federal, state and local law as well as company policy about safeguarding all information.
- Reports on time to work and follows schedule that is given. Calls supervisor if he/she cannot be at work on time.
- Keeps current with annual HR training along with any other training that might be required for this position. Keeps current with Dealer Track updates and training webinars.
- Follows all company policies and procedures. Informs supervisor of any illegal activity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the