Wage: Minimum Wage Plus Tips
Company Mission: To create great experiences for everyone we meet. To enrich the lives of our staff and guests. To be an integral part of making our community wonderful. To build enduring relationships. To make quality food with real ingredients.
Job Summary: The service staff at The Carbon County Steakhouse is responsible for providing front line customer service to our guests in our dining room as well as on the patio during the summer months.
Essential Job Duties: include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Sincerely welcomes guests immediately upon entering the restaurant
- Preforms opening and closing duties
- Prepares dining room room and patio for guests
- Responsible for cleaning tables and setting condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, utensils, etc.
- Assists team with laundry, silverware roll-ups, polishing glasses and silverware
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Helps patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu, offering cocktails and appetizers, suggesting entrees, explaining the chef's specialties, identifying appropriate wines, answering food preparation questions
- Is knowledgeable about all menu items and preparation
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs and special requests
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression
- Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting patrons to return
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to guest; returning change or credit card and signature slip to guests
- Assists the team in taking telephone and walk-in reservations
- Cleans and stocks bathrooms
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Skills and Qualifications:to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Kind, honest and dependable
- Organized and efficient
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years serving experience
- R.A.S.S. Certificate
- ServSafe Certificate
Physical Demands and Work Environment: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, balance; stoop, talk or hear. The employee must lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. This job also requires the use of stairs frequently.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is exposed to long periods of standing, both in the restaurant and outside patio in the summer.