Job Title: Kitchen Manager
Company: Red Lodge Pizza Co.
Status: Full Time/Year-Round
Wage: $37,000-$41,000 annually
Company Mission: To create great experiences for everyone we meet. To enrich the lives of our staff and guests. To be an integral part of making our community wonderful. To build enduring relationships. To make quality food with real ingredients.
Job Summary: The Kitchen Manager will be directly responsible for the kitchen and delivery operations of a high volume, fast-paced restaurant. The Kitchen Manager works closely with all kitchen and delivery drivers to ensure a fun and positive experience for customers and employees alike, all while driving business to meet the company’s budgeted needs.
Essential Job Duties: include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Ensures customer satisfaction with efficient and friendly service and a high standard to food preparation and presentation
- Orders supplies, food, and ingredients based on menu demand
- Ensures food orders are checked in and properly put away
- Ensures daily prep is complete
- Assists the culinary team as needed
- Responsible for the delivery operation
- Organizes and maintains food storage areas
- Ensures food and labor costs are in line with company expectations
- Ensures that safe food handling practices are followed
- Practices and trains to the highest of cleanliness standards and ensures that all kitchen equipment is properly cleaned and maintained
- Establishes training procedures and trains accordingly
- Works closely with management to select, terminate and coach all kitchen staff
- Facilitates proper inventory procedures
- Schedules all kitchen and delivery staff
- Builds open communications between kitchen and service staff
- Attends regular management and Leadership Team meetings
Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Strong leadership skills and motivational skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Honest and dependable
- Self-motivated and efficient
- Ability to learn and utilize all cloud-based restaurant systems
- Minimum 3-5 years in the foodservice business
- Supervisory Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Serve Safe Certificate
Physical requirements: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, balance; stoop, talk or hear. The employee must lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a kitchen environment. This role uses ovens, grills, knives, and mixers, among other restaurant equipment. This role routinely uses sinks and dishwashers and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals, and cleaning chemicals. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to long periods of standing.
- The nature of the hospitality business requires employees to work weekends, holidays and late hours.