Company Mission: To exceed our customer’s expectations
Job Summary: The housekeeper is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the guest rooms back of the house areas. The housekeeper must know, or be able to be trained, about cleaning the restrooms and living quarters inside the guest rooms. In some instances, a housekeeper might be asked to work in the common areas of the hotel such as the lobby, dining room and pub. This job offers a flexible work schedule.
Essential Job Duties: include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Works to a high standard of cleanliness and room presentation
- Greets guests in a friendly and helpful manner
- Washes, folds and sorts bed linens, towels and restaurant linens
- Services rooms that have guests staying multiple nights
- Works closely with the Housekeeping Manager to clean and organize a specific rooms throughout the hotel
- Cross trains to other jobs in the department such as Houseman duties
Skills and Qualifications: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Honest, reliable, dependable
- Self-motivated and efficient
- Strong organizational skills
- Can work independently
- Be able to take direction and adapt to changing policies
- Comfortable in a face-paced work environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Hospitality industry experience preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk , sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, balance; stoop, talk or hear. The employee
- must lift and move up to (15) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing some duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a non air conditioned environment.