TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR FILL-IN AND SEASONAL POSITIONS
Wage: $10.00-$14.00 hourly
Company Mission: To exceed our customer’s expectations
Job Summary: Our Front Desk Associates are our first influence to our guests and have a very important job. They take reservations, check guests in and out of rooms, direct calls, and answer all guests' questions and concerns, serving as a concierge. Our Front Desk staff is also keeping up to date on checking in gym members, assisting with event bookings, and selling items from our gift shop.
Essential Job Duties: include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Provide exceptional customer service to our guests at all times
- Perform all guest check-in and check-out procedures as well as make reservations and deal with cancellations
- Obtain or confirm guest information, assign rooms, activate and distribute keys, etc.
- Collect payment for room charges and other fees
- Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate personnel
- Communicate effectively with our guests and employees through email, telephone, and face-to-face communications
- Maintain a clean and tidy workspace at all times
- Inform guests of hotel amenities and offerings
- Be informed and up-to-date on all types of room accommodation and availability
- Communicate with housekeeping and maintenance departments as necessary
- Resolve customer complaints and problems calmly and effectively
- Take and deliver messages for guests
- Store luggage and valuables as needed
- Serve as a concierge to our guests, providing local information
- Be proficient with all software and cloud-based systems that the company uses to ring sales, book rooms, and maintain The Gym memberships
- Perform various clerical and light housekeeping duties such as dusting and vacuuming
Skills and Qualifications: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Honest and dependable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Computer literate
- Ability to learn cloud-based computer systems and other on-the-job skills
- Self-motivated, organized, neat and efficient
- Ability to maintain calm, polite, and patient in stressful situations
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to connect with guests and consistently give them a positive customer experience
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 2+ years in hospitality/customer service business
- Experience in using hotel booking software preferred
- Local knowledge preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, balance; stoop, talk or hear. The employee must lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to long periods of standing.