Wage: $38k-$45k DOE
Housing Available: YES
Company Mission: To create great experiences for everyone we meet. To enrich the lives of our staff and guests. To be an integral part of making our community wonderful. To build enduring relationships. To make quality food with real ingredients
Job Summary: The Chef fosters a thriving culture within a small, tight-knit and seasonal community of employees at Carbon County Steakhouse. The Chef also utilizes teamwork, accountability, creativity, and communication to run a highly successful kitchen, which contributes to the financial and overall success of the business.
Essential Job Duties: include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Provide exceptional customer service to our guests, employees, peers, and leadership team
- Manage prime costs in line with company standards
- Build Plate and Menu Cost templates
- Ensure Safety and Sanitation Practices are followed
- Organize daily preparation and creates tasks according to staff skills
- Schedule and maintain proper staffing levels
- Responsible for all BOH staff schedule according to predetermined metrics
- Work closely with the management team to recruit, select, train, and manage employees that will deliver superior customer service and quality products that will lead to maximizing revenue and profitability goals
- Work closely with company leadership to build goals, strategy, and restaurant brand
- Work with all restaurant employees to foster an open and honest team culture.
- Direct menu changes to align with trends, seasonality, and local demands
- Establish and maintain quality and plating standards
- Develop and foster professional relationships with vendors
- Manage to order in a way that supports local products and businesses when opportunities arise
- Perform monthly inventory counts and manage inventory with a focus on minimizing waste.
Skills and Qualifications: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- A “Servant-Leader” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Honest, reliable, dependable and self-motivated
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and efficient
- Can work independently
- Comfortable in a face-paced work environment
- Associate Degree in Culinary Arts or related field
- 2 years as a Chef or similar position/ 5 years as a Sous Chef or similar position
- Front of House experience
- ServSafe Certification