To help promote all aspects of the business including but not limited to buying, selling, pricing, and merchandising. Promote a high level of customer service by ensuring customers are assisted in an enthusiastic, timely, and knowledgeable manner. Assist store management in daily store operations, including the buying of used merchandise.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Exhibit appropriate selling and buying behaviors. Greet customers immediately, determine their needs, and handle all transactions in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
2. Become familiar with products, brands, and prices and make recommendations of products, including their features and benefits, to suit customers’ needs. Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by adding items to the close of the sale.
3. Buy used product, reinforcing the customers’ purchases and sales to the store. Invite customer to return to the store to buy, sell, or trade and promote image of the store concept.
4. Price and ticket items based on pricing and buying guidelines. Restock store following merchandising plan. Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedures.
5. Develop proficiency in operating computerized Point of Sale (POS) and sales tracking system for all sales transactions, buys, returns, etc.
6. Achieve personal and store sales goals by applying sound customer service and sales protocol.
1. Prior retail experience preferred in similar product lines, but willing to train the right candidate.
2. Proven customer service skills required.
3. Ability to work well as a team member, accept constructive feedback, and follow directions.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Sales and goal driven.
1. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours a day.
2. Lifting up to 40 lbs. without assistance. May involve heavier lifting with assistance of team member or cart/dolly.
3. Bending, rotating, and reaching customary to a retail environment; including receiving, pricing, and stocking/back stocking merchandise.
4. Exposure to typical retail environment conditions and noise levels.
5. Able to operate a computerized sales terminal.