Pay is $90,000 - $120,000 annually, depending on experience
The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for contributing to the growth and profitability of Noodles by employing purchasing, distribution, and inventory management strategies and procedures associated with the procurement of product(s).
At Noodles & Company, our mission is to always nourish and inspire every team member, guest and community we serve. We accomplish this by living our values of We Care, We Show Pride, We are Passionate, and We Love Life! We provide our team members with opportunities to learn culinary skills working with fresh food and the art of personal connection with our guests. Come join our amazing team, make new friends, develop your career and have fun!
- Careers at Noodles are served with a side of:
- Pay range: $90,000-$120,000
- Eligible for annual performance bonus
- Flexible paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) and stock purchase discounts
- Paid maternity and paternity leaves, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Discounts through our gift card program
- Scholarship opportunities
- Learn more about our benefits: noodles.com/careers/perks/
Your Day in the Life
- Source and procure assigned categories sauces, dressings, produce and misc. food items.
- Responsible for tracking product testing and roll-out for new items
- Conduct pricing and product specification compliance audits
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for various distribution and supplier networks
- Work as a member of a cross functional team on a wide variety of projects across the organization
- Seek cost savings opportunities with Supply Chain, Marketing and Operations
- Negotiate purchase price for all assigned items
- Maintain vendor contract database and approved vendor files
- Apply consistent procurement processes within constituent groups served
- Build and establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Coordinate supplies for new restaurant openings
- Help optimize freight and logistics around noodles items.
What You Bring to the Team
- Ability to maintain and build strong relationships
- Influence decisions and actions
- Think strategically and creatively
- Ability to uphold targeted KPIs including inventory levels & stock-outs, cost savings as a percentage of spend, new menu supplies and product rollouts, and strategic program effectiveness.
- Decision Making - demonstrate ability to make sound, professionally based decisions
- Organization - demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs and manage projects effectively
- Negotiation - understand terms and conditions, licensing, regulatory requirements, and analysis cost-benefits of vendor agreements. Work with suppliers of these agreements to satisfy the interests of both organizations
- Business Communication – develop and maintain interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Change Management - be an advocate for positive change and improvement within the department and organization by identifying and communication the compelling need for change/ improvement. Conceptualize issues and problems and convey them in business terms to key executives.
- Financial Analysis - use analysis technology, methods, processes, and financial data to evaluate financial cost benefits of sourcing and procurement strategies
- Knowledge of Financial Management - demonstrate knowledge and skill in using such strategy tools as competitor analysis, business/ competitive scenarios, market trends, customer profiles, etc.
- Presentation - demonstrate ability to maximize interest, and establish a rapport with the audience when conveying information. Write effectively, collect and verify data and create presentations from scratch.
- Familiarity with Arrowstream reporting will be considered a advantage
- Minimum of five to seven years of professional experience in food service supply chain management
- Must have experience with Microsoft office as well as RFP protocols and process software
- Previous multi-unit restaurant experience required with franchisee experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but professional experience as a leader in hospitality supply chain management is acceptable as a substitute
Noodles is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to be an inclusive and diverse team that is representative of the communities and guests we serve.