Mid Atlantic Baking Company is seeking experienced Maintenance Mechanics to fill our full-time hourly positions. Starting pay is $20.00 per hour with medical, dental, vision, and prescription benefits offered after the waiting period.
Position Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Reports to: Engineering Supervisor
Performs scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, repairs and installation tasks on the physical plant, equipment and machinery, according to standards.
Primary Job Duties:
- Answer trouble calls to production equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance routines as assigned.
- Complete assigned work request repairs.
- Complete all related forms and paperwork prior to end of shift.
- Maintain shop and shop equipment in a clean and safe condition.
- Ensure all equipment is in a sanitary condition after performing work prior to release back to Production department.
- Test run all equipment after any repairs or P.M.’s.
- Maintain minimum tool list. Carry tools to all calls.
- Practices and complies with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, GMP’s, etc.) including safety and work rules.
- Lock out all equipment prior to beginning work or removing guards.
- Do not attempt to operate equipment without prior knowledge of the operation.
- Make sure equipment is clear of personnel or foreign objects before starting.
- Do not attempt to stick any type of object into equipment while running.
- Always keep hands and arms free from moving part.
- Report any potential safety hazard immediately.
- Ensure all electric cabinets and enclosure are closed, locked and sealed.
- Maintain clean uniforms, shirt tucked in, sleeves buttoned or rolled up.
- Ensure proper G.M.P.’s are followed at all times.
- Shop will be swept prior to end of shift daily.
- All unserviceable used parts will be disposed of prior to end of shift.
- Parts storage areas will be maintained in an orderly manner.
- Performance of other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Essential Job Functions/Requirements:
Experience: Prior experience in plant maintenance or general commercial mechanic experience.
Education: Technical training or trade school diploma desired.
- Must possess/maintain a valid license to operate applicable equipment.
- Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant.
- Able to climb ladders, crawl under and onto equipment and work in tight spaces.
- Able to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
- Able to wear/use approved applicable safety equipment, as needed.
- Able to visibly distinguish operating lights and panels on machinery and equipment.
- Able to hear and identify audible alarm systems as well as normal and abnormal equipment operating sounds.
- Able to generate written and verbal communications clearly and distinctly.