The Melting Pot exists to provide the Perfect Night Out®. This means turning moments into memories through a social, interactive dining experience. The Assistant Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining all operational procedures and programs related to the restaurant’s operations and the mission of providing the Perfect Night Out®. The Assistant Manager must provide a positive, consistent leadership role model to hourly staff and managers; ensuring the Perfect Night Out®.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to provide the Perfect Night Out® to the guests and staff as well as run fiscally sound operation. This is accomplished through a standard list of Assistant Manager expectations that are typical of polished casual restaurants. See list below.
Education & Experience
The individual should have a high school diploma or equivalent. Should have been an Assistant Manager or Kitchen Manager at a full-service restaurant for a minimum of two (2) years; or have acceptable experience earned in The Melting Pot Restaurants. The individual is required to be ServSafe Food and Alcohol Safety certified based on local requirements.
- Has a working understanding of financial reports, including but not limited to Profit & Loss statements, and is capable of creating action plans to address opportunities identified in financial reports.
- Has a working understanding of basic cash-control procedures for the restaurant industry.
- Understands building sanitation and maintenance and is capable of identifying, communicating and remedying any maintenance, sanitation or safety issue.
- Understands food quality and service standards and is capable of training staff on and monitoring compliance with company standards for food preparation and service.
- Understands how to monitor Front-of-the-House through evaluation of training, productivity and weekly labor projections, and is capable of adjusting to ensure that all budgetary goals are met
- Is capable of evaluating and developing Front-of-the-House team members.
- Is capable of maximizing bar/beverage cost controls and sales through training, monitoring, inventory controls and POS pricing structures.
- Is detail-oriented and understands how to effectively manage a shift through regular practices such as checklists and routines.
- Is an effective communicator with other members of management and with staff. Has the ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner.
- Can implement and execute local marketing initiatives.
- Has an ownership-mentality that will ensure daily successful execution of operations.