“You are applying for work with L&H Arizona Ventures, a franchisee of Papa Murphy’s, not Papa Murphy’s International, Inc., or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees.”
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for all facets of the operation for the assigned shift of a Papa Murphy’s store while continually promoting a culture that embraces the company’s core values of Quality, Service, Integrity, and Team Work.
To successfully perform the Shift Supervisor role an individual must be proficient at all aspects of the Crew Member position, and able to accomplish the following, but not limited to, duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibit readiness to take responsibility of a shift by wearing a clean and wrinkle-free, uniform and showing up at the assigned time.
- Ensure all team members are in uniform, clocked in, and at assigned work stations at assigned time.
- Perform a walk-through of the store to ensure that the store is clean, ready, stocked, etc. for business using the “Pre-Rush” Checklist.
- Supervise and work with team members to ensure that the store operates with proper guest service, product quality, food handling, sanitation, safety, and security guidelines.
- Accountable for all cash handling and ensure funds are properly secured.
- Ensure proper labor laws are adhered to including schedules and breaks.
- Complete all opening and closing duties and all appropriate checklists.
- Complete accurate shift and daily paperwork using the POS system.
- Maintain adequate prepped product for the shift and if product is not available, make sure product is available including but not limited to proofed crusts.
- Handle emergencies, guest complaints, equipment problems, product shortage, and team member problems as per the company standards and procedures.
- Communicate any shift problems to immediate supervisor.
- Train and develop team members on assigned shift as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Travel to the bank to make deposits, pick up change, and deposit slips.
- Supervise and operate the store independently if needed in the absence of the Store Manager for prolonged periods of time (e.g. vacations).
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- At least six months experience in QSR environment. Previous experience at the crew member position.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
- Food Handlers Card and/or Serve Safe Certified preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read and apply fundamental math skills.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with supervisors, co-workers and guests.
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to manage various difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and POS.
- Knowledge of store financials, P & L's, break-even analysis, food cost analysis, labor cost analysis and other financial information relative to store operations.
- Regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to bend and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Must be able to perform cleaning duties such as wiping tables and equipment, sweeping and mopping.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance at work.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required in this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.