This is a remote based position under the general supervision of the Corporate Director of eCommerce and VP of Sales & Marketing. The eCommerce Manager is responsible for supporting and coordinating assigned projects and activities relating to the day-to-day, hands-on implementation of online marketing strategies created to achieve and exceed property financial goals.
Company associates have access to guestrooms and property. As such, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position and must be displayed at all times. Per company policy, potential associates must pass appropriate security clearances, per company policy.
- College Degree (BS/BA) preferred or a minimum of two to three years of professional industry related experience.
- Must have significant interest in the hospitality industry and exceptional time management skills.
- Professionalism must be displayed at all times.
- Analytical and business minded with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity across the digital landscape, including online technologies, platforms and distribution.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
- Must be able to successful work remotely with little supervision.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, Outlook and digital landscape.
- Knowledge of online technologies, platforms and distribution.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- On-Line Marketing Strategies.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, including group presentations.
- Proficient written and verbal English
- Project management skills (i.e., organizing, multitasking).
- Ability to work remotely with little supervision.
- Committed to the company and the achievement of its goals.
- Combines a confident, self-starting, high performance orientation with track record that reflects a “can do” attitude.
- Multi task, remain associate and guest service centric.
- Support Director of eCommerce in developing long-range strategic activities aimed at increasing market share.
- Research and compare hotels against competitive set including but not limited to organic, local and paid search placement, onsite merchandising, social media, rate retailing and more.
- Support Director of eCommerce and/or external resources in search engine optimization updates and tracking of key performance indicators for organic traffic.
- Assist Director of eCommerce with execution of online demand opportunities including but not limited to property level email marketing and direct response media.
- Manage content updates to branded websites keeping all information and content up to date by using brand tools, content management systems and/or external agency resources. Content must be fresh, engaging and position each hotel relative to competitive set.
- Conduct regular audits of OTA sites to ensure each hotel is optimized with high quality images, compelling content, links and work with Director of eCommerce on corrective action.
- Maintain awareness of all applicable brand standards and guidelines.
- Assist in the pre-opening strategy and protocol designed to drive visibility and maximize ramp-up of new hotels.
- Stay abreast of market drivers and movements in the local area surrounding each hotel and apply this knowledge to your work.
- Help analyze hotel performance against standards to determine whether the hotels are on target to reach financial goals. Assist in analyzing and interpreting the data and make suggestions for performance improvement.
- Maintain clear lines of communication with property leaders, corporate support teams and external agency resources.
- Communicate important and necessary information to Director of eCommerce and stakeholders via memos, reports, and phone calls.
- Participate in corporate and hotel level meetings.
- Constantly update industry knowledge by participating in appropriate educational opportunities.
- Evaluate emerging channels and technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Position is corporate office or field based
- Night and weekend work may be required to meet specific deadlines and commitments
- Periodic travel required
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.