This regional position will be responsible for properties located in our Florida Region. Ideally, the candidate will currently reside in Central Florida.
The Regional Engineering Manager (REM) is responsible for all the properties within their assigned supportregion but may be asked to assist with properties outside their region from time to time. While the PropertyChief Engineer is not the REM’s direct report, the REM is empowered to guide and instruct the Property ChiefEngineer. Any such guidance and instruction should be conveyed to the General Manager (GM) as well asthe Regional Director of Operations (RDO). Engineering Reviews for properties in the support region are tobe conducted on a regular basis but should not take precedence over training and support. The REM isresponsible for identifying and resolving issues at the properties they support and communicating theseissues to the GM, RDO and Senior Engineering Manager. The REM will also be actively involved in capitalitems for their properties, both emergency and budgeted. REMs are also actively involved in propertyopenings and acquisitions.PRE REQUISITES
- Minimum of Three to Five years of progressive experience and responsibility in the hotel engineering field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel as well as a working knowledge of Quore.
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering.
- Five years supervising managers who have P&L responsibility and make employment decisions
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 pounds, push and pull 60 pounds
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and Motor Vehicle Insurance.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty, dependability and trustworthiness at all times.
- Must be able and willing to travel extensively, occasionally on weekends.
- Must have a good working knowledge of: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, fire protection, swimming pool/spa operationand maintenance.
- The ability to read architectural and mechanical drawings.
- Must have intermediate computer skills including, but not limited to: ability to effectively manage and organizeemail correspondence through MS Outlook, effectively communicate weekly recaps and compose verbal andpictorial documents through MS Word, enter and organize data through MS Excel, utilize the Above Property Userfunctions of Quore.
- Must have keen analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess organizational skills and able to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision and be proactive rather and reactive.
- Ability to take initiative toward one’s own development and growth within their role.
WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- To first and foremost, be a resource of support and training for all properties in assigned region and, at times,properties outside the assigned region.
- Provide each property with topmost training and support, then hold them accountable for results.
- Ensure that each property has the tools, training and resources they need to perform their duties effectively andefficiently.
- Communicate with properties and LBA corporate staff effectively, professionally and in a timely manner.
- Cultivate an environment where associates are comfortable in disclosing any and all issues at their property thatpertain to the grounds and physical plant as well as the engineering and management team.
- Build and sustain an environment that reverberates LBA’s Core Operating Values: ethics, quality and fiscalresponsibility.
- To be knowledgeable in all brands as well as LBA standards, then apply and convey that knowledge to theproperties.
- Conduct property visits of each assigned property to ensure all LBA Engineering standards are being maintained.
- Evaluate the performance of each property’s maintenance program and makes changes accordingly,communicating changes with the GM, Senior Engineering Manager and RDO.
- Reviews bids for capital requests with GM, Senior Engineering Manager and RDO, ensuring that scope of work isappropriate and consistent throughout.
- Coordinate and manage projects and/or issues at properties within support region from conception to completion.
- Provide Senior Engineering Manager and RDO weekly updates on any and all projects and/or issues at propertieswithin support region.
- Actively manage and assist in property openings and acquisitions, ensuring that each property meets LBAstandards.
- Provide overall direction for a region by analyzing business objectives and guest needs; developing,communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies plans, and practices.
- Demonstrate creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles and adversity.
- Work within budget guidelines and understand the balance between cost savings and service.
- Ensure a safe and cheerful work environment for all properties.
- Position is Corporate office or Field-based
- Priorities and workloads are subject to change requiring flexibility and the acceptance of non-routineassignments.
- Night and weekend work may be required to meet specific deadlines and commitments
- Extensive travel (75-80%) required