LBA Hospitality, an award-winning hotel management and development company with 60 plus properties in the Southeastern United States, is looking for a dynamic, proven Regional Director of Sales
who shares our values of financial success and exceptional customer service.
This position will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating direct sales and marketing activities for assigned properties within the LBA Family of Hotels. This individual will create and maintain a highly energized selling culture and collaborate with property Directors of Sales and/or General Managers to develop and implement appropriate strategic sales and marketing plans to grow revenue and market share. Success is determined through achievement of revenue goals and improvement in market share performance.Job Requirements: Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees and coordinates the development and execution of all sales and marketing activities for assigned hotels.
- Maximizes available Sales discipline human capital (i.e., Corporate-based Directors of Sales) to assist in ramping up new hotels and improving the results of underperforming hotels.
- Forms a business partnership with assigned hotels’ Regional Directors of Operations and Regional Director of Revenue Management to ensure a collaborative effort as far as growing revenue and market share.
- Collaborate with General Manager to ensure that the DOS in each hotel is properly deployed to maximize sales revenue.
- Ensures there is a proactive selling environment in each hotel.
- Works with the properties to ensure that Action Plans for maximum revenue improvement are in place.
- Works, as needed, on the evaluation of business opportunities.
- Knowledgeable about each hotel’s top accounts.
- When a new sales person is just starting, the RDOS will accompany salespeople on outside sales appointments and “shadows” salespeople during telephone prospecting/solicitation calls to be sure they are strong in their sales efforts and closing the sale. This accompaniment will only occur for the first 2 months then the DOS will be on responsible for making their own sales calls.
- When working with a seasoned sales person the RDOS will go on sales calls only as needed to help secure a difficult account or to mentor and coach to fine tune their sales efforts and approach.
- Helps the DOS facilitate market and regional sales blitzes and participate in the blitz.
- Works with DOS to develop annual sales and marketing plans and ensures DOS has updated and completed all plans by segment into sales tracking tool.
- Ensures that the properties are reinforcing the importance of sales to all associates in the hotel and coaching them on ways they can assist in the sales effort.
- Collaborates with the Property, VP of Sales and Marketing, Regional Director of Operations and the Regional Director of Revenue Management to develop and deploy seasonal and segmented promotions and packages.
- Collects and shares with assigned hotels relevant national, state, county and/or city economic intelligence as well as competitor updates.
- Collaborate with Regional Director of Revenue Management to ensure hotels have effective pricing/sell strategies to achieve the optimal mix of business.
- Monitors hotels’ revenue performance toward plan achievement.
- Reviews hotels’ rooms revenue forecasts and ensures they are able to defend it.
- Ensures that the DOS’ are “experts” when it comes to selling against their hotel’s competitive set.
- Celebrates sales successes by recognizing assigned hotels’ top sales performers.
- Collaborate with DOS and General Manager to ensure that all sales administrative processes are in place and functioning effectively.
- Work with General Managers to ensure that all DOS’ reports and internal requests for information are submitted on or before assigned due dates.
- Assists the DOS’ with the development of sales and marketing support materials. Utilizes Corporate resources to produce materials.
- Assists assigned hotels with the annual budgeting process.
- Assists assigned hotels with the Business Transient RFP process.
- Ensures that the sales staff is adhering to all national brand standards pertaining to their specific property.
- Demonstrates the ability to attract and recommend for hire high performing salespeople. Collaborates with the Regional Directors of Operations to ensure that salespeople and, where appropriate, General Managers attend brand-sponsored sales training. Reinforces this training during property visits.
- Ensure Regional Teams and Corporate Management is provided with accurate and necessary information to communicate with Ownership.
- Completes property visit reports and distributes to DOS, GM, VP Sales & Marketing, RDO and RDRM. Makes reports available to all other appropriate parties via the company’s on-line information network. Ensures that all initiatives include a due date and the responsible party(s). Sets up a trace system to ensure all due dates are met.
- Provides a weekly recap to the President, Senior VPresident of Hospitality, VP of Sales and Marketing, highlighting their activities for the week, and their schedule for the upcoming week.
- Attend trade shows as needed when trade show can impact entire region or portfolio in terms of bookings.
- Communicates effectively the objectives and goals of his/her assigned hotels and has a willingness to listen to the ideas of others.
- A motivational leader.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, including presentations to LBA senior management and ownership groups.
- The ability to engage others on difficult issues with finesse.
- The ability to influence, direct and lead activities where direct reporting lines may not exist.
- Financial analysis skills.
- The ability to inspire confidence in and gain respect from superiors, peers, subordinates, industry partners, competitors and owners.
- Combines a confident, self-starting, high performance orientation with a track record that reflects a “can do” attitude.
- Enjoys interacting with customers and networking within the industry.
- The ability to achieve results through the coaching and development of people.
- Project management skills (i.e., organizing, multitasking).
- Creative and strategic skills.