To fully develop assigned segments with an emphasis against the development of new business for assigned hotel.
Working with the General Manager, Regional Director of Revenue Management and the Regional Director of Sales, optimally merchandize revenue potential for assigned property and ensure customers have a memorable hotel experience.
Develop and execute Sales action plans for two hotel locations, maintain positive interdepartmental relations with each hotels staff and complete special projects as assigned by each of the General Manager for the two hotel locations, Regional Director of Sales and/or Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Success is determined through achievement of the hotels revenue goals and improvement, where possible, in market shared performance as compared to that of the hotel(s) defined competitors. PREREQUISITES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- College Degree (BS/BA) preferred or equivalent work experience
- Previous direct selling experience in a hotel preferred
- Demonstrated success in developing a market.
- Experience selling Marriott and/or Hilton Focus Service and/or Extended Stay lodging to Corporate and weekend market segments is a plus.
- Hotel operations experience preferred.
- Professionalism must be displayed at all times.
- Company associates have access to guestrooms and property. As such, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position and must be displayed at all times. Per company policy, potential associates must pass appropriate security clearances.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, experience working with customer relationship software like Hotel SalesPro, ACT or Salesforce is preferred.
- Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
- Sees a vision and is not deterred from achieving it.
- Committed to the company and the achievement of it’s goals.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, including group presentations.
- Has the ability to effectively influence others and engage clients and coworkers on difficult issues.
- Financial analysis skills. The ability to assess potential business opportunities and whether or not they contribute to the success of the business.
- The ability to inspire confidence in and gain respect from superiors, peers, subordinates, industry partners and competitors.
- Combines a confident, self-starting, high performance orientation with track record that reflects a “can do” attitude.
- Enjoys interacting with customers and networking within the industry.
- Project management skills (i.e., organizing, multitasking).
- Creative and strategic skills.
- Willing to perform other assigned duties that the individual is capable of carrying out.
- Practices safety standards at all times and is alert to hazardous conditions. Reports any hazardous conditions immediately to the hotel General manager or appropriate staff member.
- Is thoroughly familiar with the LBA Hospitality Associate Handbook. Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the Associate Handbook.
WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Based on each properties selling strategy, books appropriate business into the appropriate hotel that serves the need of the guests as well as the price point and allows each hotel to achieve/exceed monthly room revenue budget, and, if applicable, other revenue budgets specific to each assigned hotel.
- Proactive direct outside sales a minimum of 80% of the time
- Remain in active status in a minimum of three outside organizations including but not limited to: Local Convention and Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, Sports Commission, university affiliations etc.
- Approaches the position with a relationship building/proactive selling mindset. Ensures that weekly telephone prospecting/qualification/solicitation calls goals as well as outside call goals are met or exceeded. Include the appropriate General Manager on appropriate sales appointments as well as calls on Corporate-based Sales personnel for assistance as needed to “win” business for the appropriate hotel.
- Develops, presents business case to property specific General Manager, Regional Director of Sales and Regional Director of Revenue Management and deploys seasonal and segmented promotions and packages equally to drive market share for each location.
- Utilizes available business tools to prospect for new business (i.e., Brand database reports, , local newspaper and business journals, SalesPro Internet Prospecting, Marriott reports/Hilton reports).
- Detailed follow up via email for any client visits, site visits, cold calls, etc.
- Performs the necessary pre-call planning and post-call follow-up for client outside sales calls.
- Evaluates potential business opportunities for appropriate hotel and presents findings/defends positions, as necessary, to the property specific General Manager and/or Regional Director of Revenue Management and Regional Director of Sales.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable with regard to client base. Has a strong business relationship with top producing clients.
- Utilizes internal lead source generators (i.e., Brand LBA sister hotels) to maximize revenue production for the appropriate hotel.
- Grows revenue for LBA Hospitality by cross-selling other LBA hotels.
- Gains contacts and business intelligence/shows community spirit through involvement in an industry and/or charitable organizations.
- Takes the initiative to develop new strategies and tactics to drive revenue in assigned markets. Presents these plans to the Hotel General Manager and Regional Director of Sales for review and approval.
- Monitors economic/business news in general and news specific to assigned market segments. Understands the business rationale behind and contributes, as appropriate, to the hotel’s rooms forecast.
- Maintains awareness of the sales practices of each hotel’s competitive set, and, as warranted, takes proactive steps to “neutralize” their efforts.
- Is an “expert” when it comes to selling against the hotel’s competitive set for each location.
- Adds to the camaraderie of each property by helping to celebrate the successes of coworkers.
- Ensures that he/she adheres to all sales administrative processes that are in place from the LBA Corporate Office.
- Ensures that all reports, internal requests for information and special projects are submitted on or before their due dates for each property.
- Provides suggestions to the Regional Director of Sales, Vice President of Sales and Marketing and other Corporate-based staff with regard to growing the company’s revenue.
- Understands the business rationale behind the annual budgeting process for each property (revenue generation and Advertising and Promotion costs).
- Collects and analyzes information on use history, plans, decision structure and strategies of key customers in assigned market segments. Forwards this information to the appropriate Hotel General Manager and Regional Director of Sales.
- Strives to continually improve his/her general business and industry/job specific skills by attending Brand and LBA Corporate-sponsored sales training, and, if appropriate, outside continuing education.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE ADVANCEMENT
- Typical week consists of a minimum of three days out of the office on sales calls and two days in the office working on sales plan. 80% of the time will be spent outside the hotel with appointments, cold calls and community events that drive business to the properties May also come in on the weekends to greet guests and ensure meeting or group satisfaction.
- Occasional overnight travel for training, to assist with a sales blitz in another LBA city, etc.
- Area Director of Sales
- General Manager
- Regional Director of Sales
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.