Bench General ManagerJOB SUMMARY
Provide leadership and demonstrate the LBA culture with every action and/or reactions. Work closely with Regional Directors of Operations to assist other General Managers or fill in as acting General Managers to ensure all aspects of the hotel operate to maximize profits. Responsible for all major areas of hotel operations and services including, but not limited to: Front Office, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Food and Beverage to include but not limited to: personnel, budget performance and financial controls in accordance with established quality standards. Responsible for all operations for hotel assigned.PRE REQUISITES
The Company associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position. Therefore, associates must pass the appropriate security clearance, per company policy.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Five years’ experience supervising (at least) 15 associates.
- Bachelor’s Degree helpful but not required.
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, stooping, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, talking, hearing and effectively communicate.For this position specifically:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIESKnowledge:
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch and reach.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful atmosphere.
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Must be able to see differences in widths and lengths of lines such as graphs.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
- Complete understanding of hotel operations.
- Understands and is compliant with applicable Government policies and regulations with affect hotel operations
- Knowledge of processes including and not limited to receivables, payables, budgets, invoices and payroll
- Knowledge of Company safety policies and government regulations to ensure compliance and a safe environment for all associates and guests.
- Inspect guests’ rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness, safety and appearance.
- Answer and resolve guest complaints as in the Service recovery Procedures.
- Develop others to progress and advance careers.
- Document policy violations by any staff member and follow up ensure performance was corrected or not repeated.
- Develop and execute a plan for meeting and exceeding budgeted sales goals and budgeted expense goals.
- Coordinate sales efforts with sales team – locally and field
- Proficient in all Company issued software programs.
- Read and interpret business records and statistical reports
- Apply reasoning to carry out instructions in various formats: written, oral or diagram
- Utilize skills to interrupt financial data and prepare budgets.
- Make decisions based on facts, reports, as well as experience.
- Promote teamwork and positive associate morale.
- Maintain open and effective communication within all levels of reporting.
- Interpret job specifications to all hotel staff.
- Analyze and resolve work or assist associate in problem solving.
WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Oversee all hotel staff and ensure that guests receive a high level of service in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Manage the new hire process for each department. Ensure all newly hired associates receive company/hotel orientation and overview of operations including, but not limited to:
- Completion of all new hire paperwork
- LBA Orientation and Safety DVDs
- Preventing Discrimination & Harassment
- Associate Handbook
- Area specific training
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the Associate Handbook and other company policies; implement rules, policies and procedures established by the company.
- Review ongoing training practices to ensure all associates are kept up to date on current policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional cohesive team by: hiring, training, coaching, counseling and developing the most qualified individuals.
- Promote positive morale and friendly attitudes.
- Monitor communication between departments to ensure a positive flow of information in a timely manner.
- Maximize revenue through sales efforts, yield management, and cost control.
- Develop and execute aggressive long and short-range financial objectives to meet and exceed budgeted sales goals and budgeted expense goals.
- Review all cost accounts for each area of hotel on a daily/weekly basis. Ensure all Accounting functions are performed in accordance with Accounting Audit Standards.
- Work within budgeted guidelines for maximum revenues and within labor models.
- Fully evaluate hotel in each balance scorecard area to include, but not limited to: Revenue Performance, Guest Service, Guest Alerts, Star Report, Quality Assurance, Accounts Receivable, Trip Advisor, AOS, Maintenance Audit Standards, and Accounting Audit Standards. Develop specific improvement plans and document status and progress as necessary.
- Ensure all areas of the hotel are inspected daily for compliance to standards and policies.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in accordance with service standards and outages are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Complete administrative duties in a timely manner: schedules, payroll, inventories, orders, production controls, etc.
- Communicate/document using internal means: logs, bibles, Innovations,email, etc.
- Maintain certification from a brand approved responsible vender training program.
- Maintain involvement in the community from both business and charitable avenues.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing.
- Complete GM Transition Checklist with outgoing/incoming GM upon arrival/departure as necessary to communicate pertinent information.Provide support in the orientation, on-boarding and transition of Incoming GM as needed.
POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
- Be flexible in regards to work schedule, with ability to travel 90% of time.
- Be available as necessary 24/7, weekends and holidays.
- Display a professional image at all times.
- Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining an friendly professional image.
Before the next promotion, this person should develop and train her/his replacement. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, potentially as:
- Area General Manager
- Regional Director of Operations
- Director of Hotel Openings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.