Job Title: Busser
Summary: Maintain the cleanliness of assigned dining room sections and restrooms. Position responsibilities may change as business dictates. Bussers will be assigned a certain area or section of the restaurant which they are responsible for the following.
- Tables- Tables are to be bussed within 4 minutes of guests leaving. Three levels of bussing must be maintained (Table, Chairs, Floors). Tables must be wiped down with sanitizer and chairs must be wiped down and placed back into their original position. Floors must be swept clean and free of debris. Table specs must be reset in the correct format along with any promotional materials and/or menus. Booth cracks and table legs will be wiped down as needed.
- Pre-Bussing- Pre-bussing will be done when all tables are clean. Currently set tables will be approached using the following verbiage: “Excuse me, are you finished? If so may I take this out of your way?” Bussers are required to pre-bus glassware, plates, trash, linen and ashtrays.
- Side Duties: Taking out linen bags and trash, refilling ice, maintaining swept floors within their section or dining room, straightening of dining room chairs and bar stools. Must maintain overall cleanliness of the restaurant.
- Restrooms- Every ½ hour each busser will be required to check the restroom they are assigned. During the restroom check bussers are responsible for the following:
- Supply restock (toilet paper, paper towels, and hand soap).
- Trash taken out if needed (replace trash can liner).
- Toilet, lavatory and mirrors are to be wiped down.
- Floors maintained free and clear of debris.
Managers may assign additional cleaning duties.
Essentials: To perform the job correctly the busser must follow these essentials:
- No horseplay with towels.
- No flinging towels while walking through any area of the restaurant.
- No standing and watching televisions.
- No group bussing unless it is for a large party.
- Must use a tray or bus tub.
- Requests for servers must be made known to the server or manager immediately.
- Bussers are required to check out with a manager before leaving.
- Towels are not allowed to hang from bussers’ belt or aprons.
- Pay rates will be $4.50 per hour. Each busser will be given a tip out 1.5% of servers’ net sales.
- Must claim 100% of your tips.
- Envelopes with tip out can be collected between 2:00 and 4:00 the following day.
All candidates must be 16 years of age or older to apply.