Summary of Position:
At Johnny Rockets, we pride ourselves on creating a fun and energetic workplace that sparkles with flair and excites the senses!
For people who need a break from the typical take-a-number, hurry-up fast food mentality, Johnny Rockets is the All-American hometown hamburger and malt shop that brings back the service, basic values and optimism that are all too rare these days.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the General Manager with restaurant operations to drive sales and profitability through effective people and performance management. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for growth and advancement. This is a full-time, 40 hours/week position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Model superior guest service skills for all staff to follow.
- Manage the team to ensure that not only is their job performed properly, but also they are managed in a positive manner that results in a great guest experience.
- Build Guest loyalty to ensure repeat guests.
- Drive profitability of the restaurant through positive management of food and labor.
- Ensure all people and profit systems are utilized on a consistent basis.
- Handle Guest concerns “right here and now.” Each Guest transaction must be handled in a way that spreads Johnny Rockets’ reputation in a positive manner.
- Ensure the Guest Promise is being followed by every crew member on every shift.
- Assist in evaluating the local market to come up with Local Store Marketing/Communications plans to support restaurant sales growth.
- Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude toward Guests and team members. This is a service position meaning that you always service either an internal or external customer.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Manage subordinate supervisors who supervise up to 20 team members (shift size varies). Responsible for the overall development and evaluation of team members.
- Constantly scout and hire great talent; continuously recognize and develop this talent.
- Onboarding and training of newly hired team members.
- Along with General Manager, handle all employee relations issues including discipline and documentation.
- Follow all local, state and labor laws.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to three years’ related restaurant management experience are required. A valid Driver License and clean driving record are also required.
Johnny Rockets is an equal opportunity employer that believes in having fun!