The Local Store Marketer is responsible for developing community relationships and continuously growing sales in his or her assigned market(s). The LSM builds sales by maintaining strong relationships with current guests and introducing Jim ‘N Nick’s services to new potential clients. He/she reports directly to the LO, and works in conjunction with the General Managers, Catering Operations Managers and Catering Call Center Managers to grow sales in all four modes – Dine In, Drive Thru, To Go, and Catering.
Key Performance Elements / Essential Functions
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Marketing / Sales Growth within the restaurant
- Communicates company initiatives and seasonal marketing campaigns to the restaurant managers; ensures these are rolled out effectively and in line with company standards.
- Partners with LOs and GMs to identify opportunities for growth among Dine In, Drive Thru, and To Go revenue modes.
- Develops and works a strategic plan to successfully increase sales in the identified sales mode.
- Continuously focuses on driving traffic within the four walls, using a variety of tactics including Cheese Biscuit visits, ticket distribution within the 5-10 mile radius, etc.
- *Depending on the market, the LSM may identify and manage Brand Ambassadors within the restaurant who assist with these daily tasks.
- Communicate at a high level with store management teams to help maintain relationships inside the four walls.
- Identifies new marketing opportunities and contributes ideas and suggestions to sales/marketing plans, strategies.
Catering Client Management
- Identifies new catering opportunities within the market by cold calling and networking within the community. o Develops and nurtures relationships with the intent of growing Catering sales.
- Manages client relationships within the market, with a special emphasis on VIP and large catering clients.
- Regularly follows up with past year’s clients with the purposes of rebooking orders. o Consistently brings in new business to ensure off premise sales grow over prior year’s sales.
- Conducts food shows to introduce potential clients to Jim ‘N Nick’s catering services.
- Attends large and/or VIP catering events, with the purposes of connecting with clients and nurturing the relationship for future sales growth.
o *LSM role at catering events may vary, depending on needs. Responsibilities may include ticket distribution to the crowd, assisting with catering operations if needed, and/or ensuring branding and catering “look” meets Jim ‘N Nick’s company standards.
- Utilizes any sales materials, tools, and resources that are distributed company-wide.
- Initiates regular meetings and visits with VIP catering contacts. o Introduces other members of the off-premise sales / ops team to current clients to strengthen client relationship with the entire team.
Networking and Community Partnerships
- Manages local community partnerships, and ensures Jim ‘N Nick’s is seeing the maximum ROI on all partnerships.
- Acts as the filter for all goodwill requests and effectively communicates possible partnerships to the LO.
- Attends regular networking functions with the purpose of developing relationships with the ‘movers and shakers.’ o Educates and introduces the LOs and GMs to these community leaders.
- Regularly communicates local economic developments and community news to LO, GMs, and other Local Sales Managers within the market.
- Specifically, provides connectivity between the LO and the community. Acts as the extension of the LO and the “face” of the brand within the market.
- Develops and maintains relationships with tourism organizations, Chambers of Commerce, and other local groups.
Communication and Planning
- Crafts and communicates daily and weekly plans to LO and team members within the market.
- Sends weekly recaps to LO that identify any and all catering sales generated by the LSM from the past week.
- Attends weekly meetings with Catering Ops Managers to inform them on client requests. o Communicates catering proposals and guest needs in a timely fashion to all parties necessary (Catering Call Center, Catering Ops, and other sales team members).
- Attends weekly GM and/or Manager meetings (depending on the market and request of the LO) to communicate Catering jobs and upcoming news and events outside the four walls.
- Communicates Jim ‘N Nick’s cultural updates and news internally (to restaurant managers and staff) and externally (to guests in the community).
o Helps preserve the Jim ‘N Nick’s culture by exemplifying the “Trust, Appreciation, Respect” attitude to all team members.
- Sends daily and weekly plans and communicates to LO and team within the market.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on sales and other information required.
Education / Training / Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- One (1) to three (3) years of restaurant operations experience is preferred.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the restaurant industry.
- Proficient with a variety of computer software applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize, manage multiple and changing timelines, and multi-task with limited supervision while meeting established timelines.
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Delivers results for which he/she is accountable
- Dependability, flexibility and professional demeanor
- Maintains high standards of personal ethics; is consistently honest and truthful in all situations
- Communicates with enthusiasm and maintains a positive attitude
- Must be able to work a variety of scheduled hours, based on the needs of the business (ex – late hours, holidays, weekends); regular and predictable attendance
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, if required