The purpose of this job is to set up, coordinate, organize, prepare and plate food orders for the guests according to the plating procedures and within ticket time standards; to maintain quality control, kitchen and food storage and Health Department guidelines and restock and clean up.
Essential Job Functions:
1 Sets up, stocks and organizes workstation at the beginning of the day.
- Sets levels for production of food items.
- Cuts and prepares food items. Portions food items and stores them in proper containers.
- Uses knives, measuring ladles, scoops, scales, can opener, or other kitchen equipment, tools or utensils.
- Checks stock levels in coolers for sufficient stock.
- Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation, using FIFO Method.
- Performs other duties in all areas of the kitchen as needed.
- Can identify food items, produce, meats, cheeses, sauces, and prepared food.
- Knows cooking times for all items to ensure correct doneness.
- Organizes items for preparation in order to ensure accuracy of items ordered.
- Prepares menu items, paying attention to plate presentation and garnish of each plate.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstation during the day and at the end of the day.
- Performs side duties including mixer, hoods, filters and other line equipment, washing floors, organizing and cleaning storerooms, and food production duties.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
- Correctly sets up, operates, breaks down and cleans all equipment.
- Follows sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of Kitchen area.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and wears proper attire, according to the dress code.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
Factors Important for Successful Performance in this Position:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A professional appearance and professional demeanor is essential.
- Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
- Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the kitchen.
Experience and Educational Requirements
A high school diploma is desired, but not required. Experience with general kitchen techniques and equipment is required.
Physical Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be requested)
Performs duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and turning. Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50 lbs.) to and from stock and kitchen locations. Is able to stand up to 8 hours or longer if needed.
Additional requirements include:
- Standing and Walking 100% of the time
- Lifting up to 50 pounds to waist high
- Lifting up to 20 pounds to shoulder high
- Carrying up to 30 pounds for short distances
- Constant exposure to heat
- Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm
- Climbing ladder and step stool
- Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes.
NOTE: The duties and responsibilities in this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.