The General Manager’s role is to provide uncompromised excellence at all times, making the Guest and the Bar-B-Q the heart and passion of all they do. The General Manager demonstrates a consistent track record of both positive business results and effective, sustained leadership that contributes to the brand’s success. The General Manager upholds all company policies, procedures and standards through their team of Managers and Employees. They are responsible for formulating plans to meet budgets, new initiatives and the development of their Team; as well as maintain existing standards.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Uncompromised Excellence is trained and modeled within the restaurant to ensure the flawless and passionate execution of every detail on every shift, by every employee to ensure we exceed Guest expectations at all times.
- Provides direction, coaching and leadership for all Managers and Employees.
- Responsible for the development of Chef and Maître d’ to develop their teams.
- Uses “STOP-START-CONTINUE” and coaching to develop others to become better Managers and Employees.
- Schedules time for one-on-one meetings with Managers to review progress, goals, initiatives and feedback.
- Ensures Hourly Employee Station 5s are being conducted to standard.
- Writes all Manager Performance Reviews and delivers with the Local Owner.
- Provides direction, coaching and leadership for all Employees including training, standards, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures appearance code standards are 100% for all Managers and Employees.
- Plans and leads All-Staff meetings.
- Ensures service standards are maintained consistently.
- Ensures food and beverage standards are maintained consistently.
- Responsible for inventory control for all P&L cost centers.
- Ensures weekly inventories and reconciles findings.
- Implements planning that results in improved financial (sale and cost centers) performance in all areas of the operation. Follows up on all financial action plans.
- Ensures effective rollout of all food and beverage initiatives.
- Provides a safe and professional, non-hostile, harassment free working environment for Managers and Employees.
- Plans, executes and follow up with new company initiatives.
- Effectively utilizes all communications tools: email, written correspondence and pre shift notes.
- Utilizes LSM to inspire community involvement and build sales.
- Ensures Employee and Manager schedules support the positive performance of the restaurant by verifying the right people in place and par levels are scheduled according to projections.
- Interviews and assists in final selection of all Employees, maintaining appropriate staffing par levels.
- Communicates effectively with vendors, addressing concerns as needed.
- Determines appropriate pay-increase percentages and approval process for Employees.
- Holds weekly Manager meetings with an agenda and time allotted for discussion.
- Leads the Management Team to action to consistently improve.
- Promotes sales building behaviors with Managers and Employees.
- Ensures all Managers and Employees have the supplies to do their job.
- Ensures facility meets all Health Code standards through regular maintenance of the building, outside areas and equipment.
- Maintains the facility and outside areas to standard.
- Responsible for establishing and appropriately communicating goals to the Local Owner on a regular basis. This includes: daily accountability of restaurant sales, actions taken on projects, progress on company initiatives, situations discussed in manager meetings, Guest comments, restaurant staffing and labor, Manager and Manager in Development performance and financial results.
- Communicates effectively with the Management Team.
- Verifies all daily administration is carried out according to policy and standards.
- Ensures all Employee information: Employee Files, Scans and signed documentation meets company policy.
- Understands and effectively leverages resources throughout the organization to accomplish business goals.
- Proactively organizes and plans work anticipating the ever changing needs of the business.
- Reports the state of the business during GM meetings with the Local Owner.
- Accountable for the financial performance of the restaurant.
- High school diploma, or general equivalency diploma (GED);
- ?Some college preferred ?
- Three to five years of high volume, scratch kitchen, general management in a Full-service restaurant ?experience preferred. ?
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required.
- Must be able to attract, train, develop ?and retain the very best Team Members in the industry. ?
- Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining ?experience for each Guest. ?
- Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant – with a focus on ?year-over-year sales growth, Guest count increases, effective staffing levels, great service, add- on sales, and labor cost management. ?
Physical Requirements ?
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and work in a restaurant environment. ?
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds. ?
- While performing the duties of the Manager, they are regularly required to stand and walk; talk ?or hear, in person and use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate kitchen equipment and other standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; bend, kneel and crouch and climb. ?
- Physical Requirements in a Typical Day: ?
NOTE: Jim’N Nick’s Bar-B-Q® reserves the right to revise or change the position plan as the need arises. This position plan is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position Description Acknowledgement:
General Manger Signature
General Manager Printed Name
Local Owner Signature
Local Owner Printed Name