The purpose of this job is to set up, coordinate, organize, prepare and plate food orders for the guests according to the plating procedures and within ticket time standards; to maintain quality control, kitchen and food storage and Health Department guidelines and restock and clean up.
Essential Job Functions
- Sets up, stocks and organizes all workstations at the beginning of the day.
- Can identify food items, produce, meats, cheeses, sauces, and prepared food.
- Prepares menu items, paying attention to plate presentation and garnish of each plate and supervises the cooking of all food items to ensure proper delivery of service.
- Uses knives, measuring ladles, scoops, scales, can opener, mixer, and other tools or utensils.
- Cuts and prepares food items. Portions food items and stores them in proper containers.
- Prepares grilled, baked and fried items using recipes. Uses pans, stock pots, grill, stove, ovens and fryers.
- Stocks supplies for stations.
- Cleans and sanitizes Expo station during the day and at the end of the day including:
- Wiping down the station and small sham,
- Wiping down the hot food window (top and bottom), and
- Checking out other stations.
- Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation, using FIFO Method.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
- Correctly sets up, operates, breaks down and cleans all station equipment.
- Follows sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of Kitchen area.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and wears proper attire, according to the dress code.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
Factors Important for Successful Performance in this Position:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A professional appearance and professional demeanor is essential.
- Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
- Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the kitchen.
Experience and Educational Requirements
A high school diploma is desired, but not required. Experience with general kitchen techniques and equipment is required.
Physical Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be requested)
Performs duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and turning. Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50 lbs.) to and from stock and kitchen locations. Is able to stand up to 8 hours or longer if needed.
Additional requirements include:
- Standing and Walking 100% of the time
- Lifting up to 50 pounds to waist high
- Lifting up to 20 pounds to shoulder high
- Carrying up to 30 pounds for short distances
- Constant exposure to heat
- Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm
- Climbing ladder and step stool
- Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes.
NOTE: The duties and responsibilities in this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.