The Chef’s role is to provide uncompromised excellence at all times, making the Guest and the Bar-B-Q the heart and passion of all they do. This includes ensuring uncompromised excellence of smoker, prep, line execution and quality while maximizing profitability by ensuring quality training, coaching and follow-through with employees and the Kitchen Management team. The Chef is accountable for cost control, analyzing reports and feedback regarding food standards, costs, systems, cleanliness, organization, Employee engagement and Guest experience and creating action plans to improve overall operations and results.
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Strong understanding of all Kitchen (expo, smoker, prep and line quality identifiers and standards) and Dining Room systems and operations (To Go, Host, Bar, and service standards); must demonstrate the ability to run effective shifts in all aspects of the restaurant. ?
- Provides direction, coaching, and leadership for Kitchen Managers and all Employees including training, safety and sanitation, and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for development of Kitchen Managers. ?
- Responsible for establishing and appropriately communicating goals to General Manager & Local Owner on ?a regular basis. ?
- Communicates effectively with the Management Team and staff. ?
- Effectively maintains the restaurant’s facility, both exterior and interior, to Jim ‘N Nick’s standards (clean, neat, and organized) and ensures sufficient supply levels of tools available for both FOH and BOH Team Members to execute their responsibilities. ?
- Oversees BOH department schedules, effectively maintaining labor goals and Guest satisfaction. The schedule should be planned using forecasted sales and labor budget, while taking Employee availabilities, requests and vacations into consideration. ?
- Oversees the posting of department schedules in a timely manner. Ensures adequate advance notice is provided when posting holiday schedules. ?
- Oversees department inventory procedures and is able to coach and develop their Kitchen management to complete weekly inventory in their area of responsibility. ?
- Communicates effectively with vendors. ?
- Effectively manages BOH department budgets including forecasting. ?
- Interviews and assists in the hiring of all departments to maintain appropriate staffing par levels. ?
- Effectively manages the Kitchen Management team to ensure that all BOH areas of responsibility including; Ordering and Par management, recipe adherence, cleanliness and sanitation, kitchen and storage organization, and employee kitchen knowledge is accomplished by coaching throughout and after the shift. ?
- High school diploma, or general equivalency diploma (GED);
- ?Some college preferred ?
- Three to five years of high volume, scratch kitchen management in a Full-service restaurant ?experience preferred. ?
- Exceptional leadership and motivational skills required.
- Must be able to attract, train, develop ?and retain the very best Team Members in the industry. ?
- Exceptionally strong Guest focus mentality, with the ability to provide an exceptional dining ?experience for each Guest. ?
- Ability to define, measure and attain stretch financial goals for the restaurant – with a focus on ?year-over-year sales growth, Guest count increases, effective staffing levels, great service, add- on sales, and labor cost management. ?
Physical Requirements ?
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and work in a restaurant environment. ?
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds. ?
- While performing the duties of the Manager, they are regularly required to stand and walk; talk ?or hear, in person and use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate kitchen equipment and other standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; bend, kneel and crouch and climb. ?
- Physical Requirements in a Typical Day: ?
NOTE: Jim’N Nick’s Bar-B-Q® reserves the right to revise or change the position plan as the need arises. This position plan is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar-B-Q® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.