JNN Human Resources R092216
A Catering Specialist is ultimately responsible for the planning, preparation, and execution of all catering orders at his or her store. The Catering Specialist works in tandem with their store's management, the market's catering management, the catering call center, and the guest to ensure complete guest satisfaction for each delivery order or full-service event. The Catering Specialist may oversee fellow hourly employees at full-service catering events, helping to train and uphold company standards. The Catering Specialist reports to both the Market's General Manager of Catering and the General Manager of their particular store.
Key Performance Elements / Essential Functions
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Exhibits exemplary guest service throughout the entire process of their delivery order or full-service event.
• Handles multiple priorities, works under stress, and exercises good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
• Provides daily oversight and manages logistics of Catering Operations
o Manages timeline & appropriate planning for both people and product
o Follows process as taught and managed by Catering Operations Manager
o Follows recipes and procedures to ensure product is prepared and maintained to specifications.
o Comprehends all preparation and production sheets and tools as they pertain to the catering department and can use them in daily operations as well as training situations.
• Manages any issues or conflicts in a professional and productive manner.
• Sets a standard of personal appearance that shows pride in the position and instills that pride to other employees.
• Works in all weather conditions to complete tasks and ensure guest happiness.
• Performs side duties including cleaning catering equipment, organizing supplies, washing catering dishes, sanitizing workstations, and other food production duties.
• Cleans and maintains catering vehicles, including proper recordkeeping of service and maintenance.
• Complies with all health and safety regulations.
• Organizes, leads, and motivates their store’s catering team.
• Works directly with employees to teach, train, and uphold all of our catering standards.
• Capable of placing to-go orders and handling all phone calls that come into the restaurant with a friendly voice.
• Do what you can to help ensure an efficient, smooth flowing restaurant.
• Communicates directly with store and catering management on consistent basis to ensure complete guest satisfaction. Factors Important for Successful Performance in this Position
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A professional appearance and professional demeanor is essential.
• Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
• Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the kitchen.
Experience and Educational Requirements
• A high school diploma is desired, but not required.
• One (1) to three (3) years of restaurant operations experience is preferred.
• One (1) or more years of catering experience is preferred.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the restaurant industry.
• Proficient with a variety of computer software applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
Physical Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be requested)
• Performs duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and turning.
• Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50 lbs) to and from stock and kitchen locations.
• Is able to stand up to eight hours or longer if needed.
Additional requirements include:
• Standing and walking up to 100 % of the time
• Lifting up to 50 pounds to shoulder level.
• Carrying up to 50 pounds for short distances
• Exposure to heat, cold, and variable weather conditions.
• Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm
• Climbing ladders, step stools, in and out of vehicles, on and off trailers, large trucks, and lift-gates.
• Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes
• Effective communication shill to deal with public
• Valid driver's license with safe driving record meeting company standards.