Primary Responsibilities: Maintains kitchen work areas, equipment, plateware and utensils in a clean, sanitary and orderly condition. Assists in food preparation procedures.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Scrapes and pre-rinses food from dirty dishes and places them in dishwashing machine.
- Washes pots, pans, and trays by hand and/or machine.
- Completes all assigned prep work.
- Removes trash and garbage to dumpster area.
- Washes work area tables, walls, refrigerator equipment, cooking equipment and floors.
- Cleans garbage cans and trash receptacles.
- Assembles, maintains and breaks down dish machine
- Able to place plates, utensils, pans and cases on high and low shelves.
- Capable of using knives, slicing equipment and other food preparation equipment.
- Good personal hygiene required.
- Works both indoors and outdoors.
- Works frequently in a hot damp environment.
- Must possess and/or obtain a valid Food Handlers Card prior to employment.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to stand and exert a well-paced mobility for periods up to four hours in length.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to managers and other staff members.
- Transports and carries objects up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent dangers to self and others.
1. Hourly pay rate is dependant on experience
2. Merit increases based upon performance
3. Semi-annual performance evaluations