Ticket SellerPosition Summary:
The Ticket Seller is responsible for welcoming guests, providing information, and executing sales accurately and efficiently. Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Greets and initiates conversation with guests. Takes initiative to uncover guest needs and makes recommendations for tickets.
- Uses sales techniques to upsell and add-on to transactions.
- Handles cash and credit card transactions accurately and proficiently.
- Utilizes a computer to create, process and balance sales.
- Provides information regarding Island rides, attractions, events, shops and restaurants.
- Answers the phone.
- Maintains cleanliness of the Ticket Center and Ticket Booth.
- Ensures children are the appropriate height and age to ride.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Follows all SMOWI handbook policies.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must have a positive attitude and high energy level.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure in pressure situations.
- Able to be punctual and maintain regular attendance.
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to sit or stand for up to 12 hours.
- Able to operate a two-way radio.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Able to bend, twist, push, pull, stoop and reach.
- Able to maintain personal hygiene standards.
- Able to get along with coworkers, work cooperatively and resolve conflicts.
- Able to tolerate a fast paced work environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong sales skills.
- Knowledge of point-of-sales systems and cash handling techniques preferred.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. Employees will be expected to complete other duties as assigned by their manager.