Ropes Course AttendantPosition Summary:
The Ropes Course Attendant is responsible for providing guests with a fun, clean and safe ropes course experience.Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Knows and understands the Ropes Course Inc. Operator’s Manual.
- Greets and initiates conversation with guests. Takes initiative to answer guest questions and/or resolve guest complaints.
- Maintains an interactive, relaxed and fun ropes course experience for all guests.
- Collects money and/or scans ride cards.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of ropes course and surrounding work area.
- Uses proper terminology for all elements and sections of the course. For example, Sky Trail, Sky Rail, Sky Tykes, Quick Jump, Emergency Take Down Kit (ETK), Redundant Slide Assembly (RSA).
- Participates in daily inspections and completes daily checklists on all elements of the ropes course.
- Participates in daily inspections and completes daily inspection logs of all harnesses, lanyards and redundant slide assemblies.
- Ensures guests are the appropriate height, weight and age to participate.
- Chooses correct harness size for guests and harnesses/unharnesses correctly. Makes any needed adjustments to accommodate the guest’s body.
- Properly attaches the sling line to the guest’s harness, makes correct adjustments in the length of the sling line, and consistently inspects the slider assembly for any damage or deformation prior to inserting it into the overhead track.
- Monitors all guests while on the ropes course.
- Educates guests on puck (RSA) tracking system.
- Assists guests through elements of the course as necessary.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Explains safety and evacuation procedures to guests when necessary.
- Assesses the difference between a medical emergency and a non-medical emergency. Is proficient and comfortable implementing Emergency Take Down procedures.
- Removes disorderly or sick guests from the ropes course.
- Follows all SMOWI handbook policies.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and high energy level.
- Must be comfortable being in close proximity to people of all ages and sexes.
- Must be in excellent physical condition.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure in pressure situations.
- Able to maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Able to be punctual and maintain regular attendance.
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to climb; must be comfortable working at heights of 15 or more feet for extended periods of time.
- Able to sit or stand for up to 12 hours.
- Able to operate a two-way radio.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to bend, twist, push, pull, stoop and reach.
- Able to maintain personal hygiene standards.
- Able to get along with coworkers, work cooperatively and resolve conflicts.
- Able to work outdoors in all temperatures and conditions.
- Able to tolerate a fast paced work environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must participate in a Ropes Course Inc. training session with a certified trainer and pass all written and practical tests annually.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. Employees will be expected to complete other duties as assigned by their manager.