Ride Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Ride Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Ride Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Ride Maintenance Technician is responsible for all aspects of The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, small rides, attractions, and building maintenance.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains operational, safety and cleanliness standards at all times.
- Implements all Standard Operating Procedures, including all ride procedures.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, small rides, attractions, and building maintenance.
- Enforces ride restrictions and recommendations to ensure safe operation of all rides and attractions.
- Ensures the Operations Control Center door remains closed at all times.
- Must adhere to ASTM standards and ride manufacturer guidelines at all times.
- Assumes a leadership role in case of emergencies such as power outages, inclement weather, and incidents.
- Identifies and resolves potential safety hazards.
- Communicates any mechanical issues to the Director or Maintenance and Rides Department staff.
- Completes daily paperwork and log book for all rides and attractions.
- Follows all SMOWI handbook policies.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Display positive leadership skills at all times.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure in pressure situations.
- Able to be punctual and maintain regular attendance.
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to climb up to 110 feet.
- Able to use PPE equipment properly.
- Able to perform work while elevated at heights up to 110 feet above the ground.
- Able to sit or stand for up to 12 hours.
- Able to operate a two-way radio.
- Able to operate heavy equipment (forklift, scissor lift, boom lift, Pettibone, pickup truck).
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Able to bend, twist, push, pull, stoop and reach.
- Able to maintain personal hygiene standards.
- Able to get along with coworkers, work cooperatively and resolve conflicts.
- Able to work outdoors in all temperatures and conditions.
- Able to tolerate a fast-paced work environment.
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical and general mechanics preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. Employees will be expected to complete other duties as assigned by their Senior Supervisor.
Island Employee Perks
- We offer reduced/free admission to a number of area attractions, tickets to other regional theme parks and a whole lot more. Most all our reduced and/or free admissions are offered to employee AND a spouse or guest AND dependent children!!!
- Our employees become our family!! We plan events such as employee pot luck lunches, Christmas and end of the season parties, occasional surprise treats celebrating or honoring random holidays such as National Oreo Cookie Day, National Yo-Yo Day, Groundhog Day and many more! Most people spend more than half of their life working and why not have fun while working?? We encourage and breed fun at The Island! If you are having fun while you're working, is it really work? We don't think so!!
- Work with spouses and friends! We will work with most any schedule! (And if you don't like each other that much; we can always place your spouse in a different area;)
- Diversity in the workforce! Remember that pen pal you had in 3rd grade? You'll get the chance to have that long overdue reunion with them! Our participation in the J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program means you can reconnect (or make new connections) with students from all over the world!! Our employees have made lifelong relationships with people from Jamaica, Thailand, Mongolia and Turkey to name a few!
- We promote from within! Did you know that Simon Cowell started in the mailroom at EMI Records and now has a net worth of over 85 million? (We can't promise that will happen but one can always dream right? We totally support dreams here!!:)