Ride AttendantPosition Summary:
The Ride Attendant is responsible for providing guests with a fun, clean and safe ride experience.Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Greets and initiates conversation with guests. Takes initiative to answer guest questions and/or resolve guest complaints.
- Collects money and/or scans ride cards.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of ride and surrounding work area.
- Tests equipment daily before opening rides to guests.
- Ensures children are the appropriate height and age to ride.
- Enforces ride restrictions and recommendations to ensure safe operation of the ride.
- Assists guests, as trained, with loading and exiting the ride, particularly small children and guests with disabilities.
- Ensure guests are correctly secured by pulling down on safety bars, buckling seat belts, and/or securing harnesses prior to placing the ride in motion.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Explains safety and evacuation procedures to guests when necessary.
- Inspects ride for wear and tear; reports findings to Rides Supervisor on Duty.
- Keeps eyes on the ride at all times when it is in motion.
- Removes disorderly or sick guests from the ride.
- Follows all SMOWI handbook policies.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must have a positive attitude and high energy level.
- Able to multi-task and maintain composure in pressure situations.
- Able to be punctual and maintain regular attendance.
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to climb.
- Able to sit or stand for up to 12 hours.
- Able to operate a two-way radio.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Able to bend, twist, push, pull, stoop and reach.
- Able to maintain personal hygiene standards.
- Able to get along with coworkers, work cooperatively and resolve conflicts.
- Able to work outdoors in all temperatures and conditions.
- Able to tolerate a fast paced work environment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. Employees will be expected to complete other duties as assigned by their manager.