Maintains clean guest and public areas at all times. Provides excellent guest service in an efficient, courteous professional manner; following the company standards of friendly hospitality while adhering to guidelines and procedures. PRE REQUISITES
Supervisors, managers and associates have access to guestrooms and property, character traits of honesty and trustworthiness are essential to this position.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Experience in similar capacities: lodging, housing, hospitals, care facilities, supervision of staff, ability to do basic math, all helpful, not mandatory.
The essential function of the Housekeeper is to assist in monitoring the cleanliness of guest rooms and public areas as well as satisfying guests in terms of and the friendliness and service of the Housekeeping staff. Ensure Guest Rooms and all public areas of the hotel are clean and operating correctly while working within the labor and budgetary guidelines set forth by the company , enforced and communicated by the General Manager.
Must be able to perform major life activities: Standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating.
For this position specifically:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, reach, crawl, kneel.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to speak and read English, the ability to communicate in another language may be helpful.
- Must display professionalism, honesty and trustworthiness at all times.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Inspection of rooms and cleanliness standards as well as minute per room as defined by the company.
- Assistance in supervising and managing staff techniques.
- Through knowledge of materials, supplies and equipment used in the housekeeping department.
- Entire property, staff, services, hours of operation, type of rooms, locations, rates, discounts.
- Follow and manage using the Company procedures and policies.
- Must be organized to maintain logs, bibles, checklist, inventories as scheduled.
- Basic computer experience to: pull reports break out house, check house inventory.
- Will be asked to develop management skills: will assist with interviewing, training, coaching, motivating, counseling, discipline, and termination employment. Final decisions in all of these areas made by General Manager.
- Payroll: assist with inputting payroll, approving payroll, and maintain weekly reports.
- Follow and manage using The Company procedures and policies.
- Comply to all brand standards
- Multi task, remain service centric.
- Effectively communicate with guests and co-workers via various methods to include: messages and communication log books.
- Assist guest with issues, being professional and maintaining hospitable caring attitude.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and department heads.
WORKING CONDITIONS/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Assist in coordinating the activities of the Housekeeping Team. This is accomplished through daily shift meetings, monthly department meetings. Maintain agendas and sign in sheets.
- Inspect all areas of the hotel: rooms, public space, back of the house, grounds….) to ensure sanitation, brand, all health and safety standards are met.
- Supplies: Maintain responsibility for the necessary items to effectively operate department. This includes and not limited to: guest loaned items (roll away beds, cribs, microwaves, refrigerators, etc.)
- May assist with monthly inventories, proper ordering, receiving and maintenance of supplies, assist with logging and processing invoices for payment, including coding, filing, and inputting with oversight and final approval by the General Manager.
- Equipment: Ensure all are in working order: vacuums, laundry equipment, carts, etc.
- Vacuums should be emptied and filters maintained daily.
- Safety and Security: Key control is required for guests and associates. Keys are to be accounted for and secured on a constant basis.
- Training: Many tools are available for training: new hire, ongoing, brand, vendors…it is your responsibility to present these resources to all staff for continuous education.
- Labor: Assist with scheduling and working within the designated Labor Model.
- Guest: Privacy is an utmost concern.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Department to ensure maintenance request are initiated in a timely basis and the property is maintained in a like-new condition.
- Other duties as assigned, that the associate is capable of performing.
Standing, walking for long periods of time while maintaining a friendly professional image. Should be able to develop maintenance staff in the advancement of their careers. At times will have to work shifts and weekends POSITIONS FOR POSSIBLE ADVANCEMENT
The next step for this position is the Housekeeping Manager/Executive Housekeeper position. The ability to teach skills and competencies will enhance leadership skills in preparation for further promotion, and the ability of the General Manager to delegate important duties in regarding to hiring, interviewing, discipline, performance review, inventories, etc. as well as property size and condition will be factored into determining need for the higher level position Disclaimer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.