Cherry Hills Country Club was founded in 1922, has hosted 13 major golf championships and has long been one of the country's most prestigious clubs. In addition to premier playing conditions for golf, the Club is proud of its high-end Food & Beverage services, Aquatics and Racquet facilities and its dedication to providing overall exceptional service to all members and guests.
We are currently seeking our next Director of Catering & Events. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all day-to-day catering services including member related activities, club sponsored events, private banquets, and business and social meetings. Develop contracts for and oversee all administrative aspects of preparing and executing banquet events including BEO creation, marketing/communications, billing and follow-up. This individual will work closely with the food & beverage team and other departments to ensure the high-quality execution of all events at Cherry Hills Country Club.
- Five years hospitality or catering experience.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus, but not required.
- Strong desire to create and execute memorable experiences.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with a team.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Excellent communication skills with an engaging personality.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, upscale environment.
- Flexible with work hours including changing schedules, holidays & weekends.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Promote, advertise, and market the club’s social event facilities and capabilities to all members.
- Assist members arrange banquets, luncheons, meetings, weddings, and other social events; obtains pertinent information needed for guest planning.
- Coordinate, supervise, and execute catered events based on member specifications and documented in the Banquet Event Order.
- Responsible for hands-on service work when needed and orchestrating events when necessary
- Utilize and operate electronic Club Management system
- Effectively and regularly communicate expectations and service goals to staff.
- Conduct event site inspections and walk-through appointments.
- Communicate with Front of the House and Back of the House management and staff in the execution of functions. Coordinate set-up, service, timing, and details for events.
- Responsible for the direction, training, and development of the banquet staff.
- Responsible for preparing proposals, cost estimates, contracts, BEO’s, menus, floor plans, invoices, etc.
- Manage and monitor function calendar to ensure all events are processed, coordinated, and communicated to all department staff.
- Assume responsibility of manager-on-duty when necessary.
- Update weekly function information for all affected staff.
- Serve as liaison between kitchen, service, and management staff.
- Ensure all Banquet events are billed in a timely manner and invoices are sent.
- Work closely with tennis, pool, fitness and golf management for all related events.
Benefits: Benefits include comprehensive and competitive medical/vision/dental insurance programs, Flex Spending, 401k (with match), vacation/sick pay, holiday pay, life & disability insurance.
**Cherry Hills Country Club is an equal opportunity employer. Background screening is conducted in conjunction with this hiring process.