SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
At The Halal Guys, we serve amazing food with a bit of authentic NYC street atmosphere. Our Cooks are key to delivering this promise, which is driven by our four values: Second to None, Unquestionable Integrity, Strong Relationships, and Having Fun!
If you share these same values, then you will likely be a great Halal Guys Cook. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Interact with employees, customers, and vendors using a Second to None attitude – always being of service to anyone around you.
- Prepares ingredients for our customers.
- Cooks all ingredients to the exact specs, as defined by The Halal Guys Standards.
- Assembles and serves fresh food prepared to The Halal Guys standards.
- Never allows for substandard food to be served.
- Uses our sanitation practices to handle and prepare food.
- Set up, and monitors food and other work stations.
- Cleans and organizes kitchen, workstations, dining room, restrooms, and any other area in the restaurant.
- Follows all safety and security policies.
- Performs any additional tasks necessary to run the restaurant.
- Legally able to work within the State and Federal Guidelines.
- Continuous standing and walking throughout the duration of each shift.
- Bending, lifting, and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Constant face-to-face interactions with Employees and customers.
- Safely navigate in a fast-paced restaurant environment.
- Ability to multi-task and remain positive in sometimes stressful working conditions.
- Most shifts are between 4 and 8 hours, but this may vary.
- Cooks can expect to have some early mornings, late evenings, weekend and/or holiday hours, and will have additional opening/closing responsibilities.
- Comply with the brand and Company uniform and personal hygiene policies for each shift.
- Fun, fast-paced, upbeat environment!