Under general supervision, restocks and replenishes food service supplies, assists waitstaff and removes and resets tables.
- Clears all used tableware, napkins and refuse from tables to tubs in bus station and wipes table, chairs and clears debris and crumbs from floor areas surrounding table.
- Resets tables in accordance with established standards in order to seat new customers as quickly as possible.
- Removes full tubs from bus stations to dishwashing area for cleaning, and maintains a clean, well-stocked and orderly bus station at all times in order to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Retrieves cleaned dishes, glassware and utensils from the dishroom and distributes to each service station in order to keep a ready supply available for restaurant use.
- Sweeps restaurant floors throughout shift to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive restaurant. Vacuums carpeting and mops hard floors at the end of each shift.
- Retrieves clean linen from laundry department at beginning of shift and during shift when necessary, folding as specified by established standards and stocking correct par levels in the service stations. Delivers bundles of soiled linen to laundry room at end of each shift.
- Retrieves requisitioned items from stockroom, ensuring requisition is complete and correct, and stocking supplies in proper places, rotating stock at all times.
- Assists waitstaff by refilling customers beverages and accommodating requests for additional condiments, food items or clean/fresh tableware.
- Keeps ice stations filled at all times by carrying buckets of ice from the main ice machine and pouring into individual ice stations.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
Assists in room service orders by expediting food orders, setting up room service trays/carts, and delivering to room, getting correct payment or signature.
Checks all restrooms in restaurant area periodically, alerting the Housekeeping Department if they are not clean or in need of supplies.
Provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and the hotel.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES - None
Must have basic knowledge of restaurant operations.
Must have vision to observe entire room in poorly lit conditions.
Must have finger, hand and upper body dexterity to grasp, push and pull equipment, levers, controls and knobs. Must be able to bend and reach across tables and to retrieve items above head.
Must have upper body strength to continually lift and carry 30lbs throughout entire shift.
Must have the ability to follow verbal instructions or instructions by example.
Education/Formal Training –
Standard restaurant equipment including but not limited to coffee machines, ice machines, toasters and beverage dispensers. Broom, mop, vacuum and carpet shampooer.
Continual exposure to hazardous chemicals used for cleaning.
Physically strenuous - continual standing, walking, bending and lifting in indoor environment. Intermittent exposure to extreme heat (dish room & kitchen) and cold (coolers & freezers).