To clean and stock guest rooms to ensure Hilton's high standards of cleanliness.EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Average Percent of Time
25% Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping. Possess competency to self-inspect all guest rooms.
20% Strip and make beds, changing bed linens which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 40 lbs.
15% Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
15% Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash
10% Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
5% Sign for room keys, retrieve, push to assigned rooms and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room.Other:
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Hilton rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS:
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Respond in a timely manner to guest requests for items such as an iron, safety instructions, assistance, direction, and/or other information as requested.
- Report all suspicious persons, activities or hazardous conditions to the Security Department.
- Turn in all items found in employee's working area to Hotel Lost and Found department.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting Houseperson when requested.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, as well as guests.
- Ability to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including the thorough cleaning of a minimum of 16 of rooms as specified by management.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficiently to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic guest requests.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skill, and ability. 8th grade education preferred.Experience:
Prefer some previous housekeeping experience.Licenses or certificates:Grooming:
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).Other:
Prefer some previous understanding of the English language.