The Porch – Manager of Catering
As part of the team for our Porch brand, the manager of catering performs duties related to overseeing catering events at all Porch operated event venues while ensuring that standards of quality, service and cleanliness are being met. This individual assumes responsibility for all catering events for these venues, as well as day to day operation of the Schenley Park Visitor Center Café.
- Sales activity for Porch event venues, from responding to and tracking guest inquiries to attending trade shows and marketing events.
- Executing contracts to book and schedule events. Working with guests to recommend and establish an event menu that meets their needs and budget.
- Determine and schedule required staff for each event.
- Hire, onboard, and train hourly event staff. Conduct regular performance reviews to ensure that standards and systems are followed on a regular and consistent basis.
- Ensure that sanitation, safety, regulatory compliance, and preparation and service of food is met consistently.
- Maintain established cost parameters and quality standards.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
- 1 -2 years of work experience in food service management, preferably in catering.
- Ability to organize workloads and meet time deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, and management skills.
- Experienced in MS Office programs.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Local travel required
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.