Responsible for performing various duties including, but not limited to: cleaning all dishes, silverware, and other items; preparing food in the kitchen and/or deli; set-up, execution, and clean-up functions; following Parkhurst Hospitality and Gold Standards, as well as recipe and production procedures, under strict food safety and sanitary conditions.
- Prepare food according to Parkhurst recipes and also enforce the “batch” cooking method.
- Ensure the quality of the food produced, and maintain the quality and quantity of food throughout the service period, utilizing production sheets.
- Follow all Parkhurst Gold Standards. Uses Smile Plus hospitality imperatives.
- Follow all service procedures according to Parkhurst’s catering manual.
- Follow all event sheets, diagrams, pull sheets and timelines to successfully complete events.
- Prepare all Deli items to order and in a timely manner.
- Prepare service line for operation as instructed by Executive Chef and/or Management. The line is to be garnished properly at all times.
- Check quality of food items, making sure they meet standards of taste, appearance and correct temperature. Report any substandard quality to the Executive Chef and/or Management.
- Serve and interact with our guests in a friendly, professional manner. Follows Hospitality Imperatives.
- Run dishes and silverware through dish machine following proper procedures.
- Clean and maintain certain equipment and areas as designated by management.
- Keep sufficient supply of china, silverware, trays, cups and glasses during service periods.
- Sweep and mop dish room floor at the end of each day, and empty mop bucket.
- Exercise extreme precaution and carefully follow instructions and procedures when using chemicals.
- Maintain an open line of communication with management, informing them of products and supplies needed.
- Maintain open lines of communication with other associates, e.g., line servers, concerning specific information about food items on a daily basis.
- Follow the uniform dress code and maintain proper personal hygiene.
- Assist fellow team members at every opportunity.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing and/or walking - 100% of time.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently lifting up to 30 lbs.