During most days, this role would be responsible for setting up and breaking down jobs, but on larger events would function as a supervisor.
Supervises the catering department. Ensures that day to day operations run smoothly and according to established company procedures. Ensures that standards are maintained for food quality, service, sanitation, cash handling, and supervision of team members. Assists in following established cost guidelines and ensures compliance with established standards. May participate with members of management in the interviewing, orientation, hiring, training, scheduling, discipline and performance appraisals of team members. Acts as a liaison between hourly team members and members of management. May also be required to perform hands-on tasks as required by the operation.
- Supervises team members in their area of responsibility. Consults with members of management to make changes as needed to improve services.
- Follows established Parkhurst and client policies and procedures. Upholds standards.
- Communicates using Hospitality Imperatives guidelines and coaches team members on their use of the hospitality imperatives.
- May assist in purchasing foods and supplies.
- Maintains presence in service areas to assess customer satisfaction levels and resolve problems. Communicates findings to management.
- Follows the human resource policies and procedures; Treats team members with fairness and respect.
- Orients and trains staff. May be required to present inservice training programs.
- Communicates to staff regularly, both formally and informally; holds team meetings to ensure staff awareness of department activities. Assists management in keeping team members aware of any changes in policies and procedures.
- Serves as a role model for team members by maintaining standards for appearance, dress, attendance and professional behavior.
- Enforces safety standards with team members. Reports safety problems to management.
- Ensures sanitation standards are enforced. Monitors cleaning procedures.
- Assist catering assistants with their duties as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
- Bending, reaching and grasping.
- Walking short distances.
- Exposure to high noise, heat and humidity levels.
- Standing for long periods on hard surfaces.