Connect Logistics Services Inc. is a third party contractor that provides warehouse and distribution services of spirits, wine, import beer and cannabis throughout the province of Alberta on behalf of Alberta Gaming, Liquor, and Cannabis (AGLC). We are a member company of DHL Supply Chain (DHLSC), a division of Deutsche Post DHL Group (DPDHL), the World’s Leading Mail and Logistics Company.
We are currently seeking hard-working, reliable FLEX Team Members to join our team!
You will be required to pick and assemble liquor and cannabis orders for Alberta retailers.
- A flexible working schedule which allows you to pick and choose your weekly shifts to fit your needs.
- Positions located at our St. Albert and West Edmonton warehouses.
- A $21/hr starting wage, with an opportunity to earn more through shift premium and bonuses.
Now, here's what we need from you:
- Must be physically fit, as this position will require you to be on your feet for up to 8 or more hours per day lifting up to 40lbs on a continuous and repetitious basis.
- Must be legal age (18 years or older) and have reliable transportation
- Will be required to participate in a 16 week onboarding training program (First 2 weeks will be 5 days/40 hours per week, remaining 14 weeks will be 3 days/24 hours per week). Available onboarding training program schedules are:
- Day Shifts - First 2 weeks working Monday to Friday, 6:00am to 2:30pm, then 14 weeks working Monday to Wednesday, 6:00am to 2:30pm
- Afternoon Shifts - First 2 weeks working Sunday to Thursday, 2:30pm to 11:00pm, then 14 weeks working Sunday to Tuesday, 2:30pm to 11:00pm
- Night Shifts - First 2 weeks working Sunday to Thursday, 9:15pm to 5:45am, then 14 weeks working Sunday to Tuesday, 9:15pm to 5:45am
Upon completion of training, individuals will use our online scheduler to pick their weekly shifts working a minimum of one shift per week.
For more information about working at Connect please visit our website at www.connect-logistics.com
This job description encompasses several different functions which are all required by a Team member. The Team Member may be assigned to a primary function but will be expected to perform any or all of the other functions based on operational needs, as well as any other duties as assigned.
- Unload incoming product from trucks, sorting it, and moving it by pallet via MHE to check in function.
- Detailed check in of product to ensure accuracy, quantity and put away location utilizing RF equipment.
- Put away/Replenishment, including transport of palletized merchandise via MHE to put away locations utilizing RF direction and movement of palletized product from put away location to pick or stage locations.
- Picking or putting of Case Pick, Repack, and Non Conveyable merchandise utilizing Vocollect, RF, or WMS. Case pick utilizes conveyor assisted pick in modules, Repack utilizes hand cart, and Non Conveyable requires MHE.
- Monitoring of case flow and maintaining a balance of freight from modules to shipping pallet build lanes. Includes providing feedback to operational areas and maintenance team.
- Palletization of cases by store division, transport of pallets to staging lanes. Includes direction via RF to a staging lane to retrieve a pallet from a specific order for loading in a trailer
- Use of material handling equipment, including double pallet jack, high reach, tugger, order picker, pacer and elfey.
- Use of radio frequency systems, WMS, and Vocollect (voice) system.
- Maintain safe and efficient dock operation by switching trailers and equipment to and from docks.
- Loads and unloads trucks, verifying the count and condition of product. Reports overages, shortages, and damages.
- Maintain clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining security of the warehouse. Conduct all operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Clean warehouse utilizing variety of equipment and products.
- Maintain exterior property, keeping it clean and orderly.
- Participate in physical inventories as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Six months experience in fast-paced environment
- Previous warehouse experience, preferred
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request.