Join our team!
Connect Logistics Services (CLS) has provided warehousing and distribution services to the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission for nearly 25 years.
We are looking for hard-working, reliable students for temporary summer positions to pick and assemble liquor orders for Alberta Retailers.
- Candidates must be physically fit and able to lift up to 40lbs regularly
- Candidates must be over 18 years of age
- Candidates will be required to work a Sunday to Thursday shift schedule from 9:30 pm to 6:00 am
This job description encompasses several different functions which are all required by a Team member. The Team Member may be assigned to a primary function but will be expected to perform any or all of the other functions based on operational needs, as well as any other duties as assigned.
- Unload incoming product from trucks, sorting it, and moving it by pallet via MHE to check in function.
- Detailed check in of product to ensure accuracy, quantity and put away location utilizing RF equipment.
- Put away/Replenishment, including transport of palletized merchandise via MHE to put away locations utilizing RF direction and movement of palletized product from put away location to pick or stage locations.
- Picking or putting of Case Pick, Repack, and Non Conveyable merchandise utilizing Vocollect, RF, or WMS. Case pick utilizes conveyor assisted pick in modules, Repack utilizes hand cart, and Non Conveyable requires MHE.
- Monitoring of case flow and maintaining a balance of freight from modules to shipping pallet build lanes. Includes providing feedback to operational areas and maintenance team.
- Palletization of cases by store division, transport of pallets to staging lanes. Includes direction via RF to a staging lane to retrieve a pallet from a specific order for loading in a trailer
- Use of material handling equipment, including double pallet jack, high reach, tugger, order picker, pacer and elfey.
- Use of radio frequency systems, WMS, and Vocollect (voice) system.
- Maintain safe and efficient dock operation by switching trailers and equipment to and from docks.
- Loads and unloads trucks, verifying the count and condition of product. Reports overages, shortages, and damages.
- Maintain clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining security of the warehouse. Conduct all operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Clean warehouse utilizing variety of equipment and products.
- Maintain exterior property, keeping it clean and orderly.
- Participate in physical inventories as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Six months experience in fast-paced environment
- Previous warehouse experience, preferred
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request.