Connect Logistics Services Inc. is a third party contractor that provides warehouse and distribution services of spirits, wine, import beer and cannabis throughout the province of Alberta on behalf of Alberta Gaming, Liquor, and Cannabis (AGLC). We are a member company of DHL Supply Chain (DHLSC), a division of Deutsche Post DHL Group (DPDHL), the World’s Leading Mail and Logistics Company.
We are currently seeking hard-working, reliable FLEX Class 1 Drivers to join our team!
You will be required to transport loads and transfers between Connect’s various warehouse locations within the West Edmonton and St. Albert area.
- A flexible working schedule which allows you to pick and choose your weekly shifts to fit your needs - We are looking for individuals to work various day or afternoon shifts (4 to 8 hours), 1 to 4 days per week.
- A $25/hr starting wage, with benefit program entitlements after 6 months of employment.
- An opportunity to drive/work within the city close to home.
Now, here's what we need from you:
- Class 1 license with clean Commercial Drivers Abstract
- Minimum of two (2) years of tractor/trailer experience
- Must be physically fit to perform the duties of the position
- Must be able to pass written test and driving assessment
Upon completion of training, individuals will use our online scheduler to pick their weekly shifts working a minimum of one shift per week.
For more information about working at Connect please visit our website at www.connect-logistics.com
Drives commercial motor vehicles to transport goods or equipment to and from designated locations. Loads and unloads truck, verifies product count and condition, and resolves count discrepancies as directed. May work alone or with a helper. Locations of stops may be attended, unattended, or drop and hook. Maintains accurate drive log books as required by transportation regulations. Requires appropriate commercial drivers license (CDL).
- Obtains route and/or schedule from dispatcher and maintains communication with dispatcher to receive instructions or notification of changes in schedule.
- Operates commercial vehicle as defined by the transportation regulations.
- Drives commercial motor vehicles to deliver and/or pick up goods from designated locations within a specified state.
- Loads and unloads trucks, verifying the count and condition of product. Reports overages, shortages, and damages.
- Properly secures loads, ensuring loads are within guidelines.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and/or logs as required by transportation regulations and company policies/procedures.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, and water. Notifies supervision of current or anticipated repair needs.
- Delivers product on time and acts in courteous and professional manner to develop and maintain good customer relationship. Gets appropriate signatures/sign-off on attended deliveries.
- Complies with all transportation regulations. Complies with company policies, procedures, and guidelines, including maintaining all required licensure to meet government guidelines.
- Sits and remains alert while driving for aggregated period of up to 11 hours.
- Must be able to load/unload trailers weighing as much as 50,000 pounds. This could involve manually carrying 100 pound containers to and from carts, stacks, conveyors, and cages.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Maintains valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) and permits as defined by the transportation regulations
- Two years of commercial driving experience
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request.