Connect Logistics Services (CLS) has provided warehousing and distribution services to the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission for nearly 25 years, and our team is growing! Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? You won’t find another Finance Administrator job like the one you’ll find with CLS.
As Accounts Payable Finance Administrator you’ll be responsible for duties including:
- Accounts Payable
- Coordinating and facilitating the acquisition of all goods and services
- Completing full-cycle accounts payable duties including reconciliations
- Vendor management and compliance with head office requirements
- Month end accrual preparation and analysis of month end reports
- Provide assistance in purchasing
- Receipting debit notices out of Simply Accounting
- Participate in special projects as identified by management
- Perform other related duties as required
Now, here’s what we need from you:
- Accounting diploma or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of accounts payable and procurement functions
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Knowledge of computer based financial systems including Oracle and Simply Accounting will be considered an asset
- Strong communication skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and direct/interdepartmental teams
- Positive attitude and ability to problem-solve issues and discrepancies
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations
This position is for a 1 year term with the possibility of extension.
For more information on Connect Logistics and to apply please visit our website:
Provide administrative and clerical support to management including the management of personnel records. Work under general supervision of the General Manager while providing personal secretarial services and administrative assistance. Exercise discretion and judgment on occasion and provide courteous, responsive, and accurate information to associates.
- Manage the accounts payable and receivable process. Obtain purchase Orders, validate and process invoices. Contact vendors regarding discrepancies.
- Review, transmit and Manage weekly payroll process. Reconcile any issues that occur.
- Assist the General Manager with the month end close process.
- Type correspondence and reports from rough drafts, editing grammar, punctuation or spelling as needed.
- Use considerable judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
- Screen telephone calls and visitors, ascertaining who can be redirected to subordinate managers or to other offices. Provide information to callers, requiring detailed knowledge of manager’s area of responsibility and General knowledge of company policies, practices and operations in an expeditious and courteous manner.
- Perform broad range of administrative details of highly confidential nature on a regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make independent decisions for which probable errors may have moderate effect on cost.
- Prepare a variety of highly confidential, specialized, and recurrent reports such as financial data. Produce high quality reports, presentations, proposals, or other documents.
- Maintain filing system including items that are confidential. Establish, Maintain, and when necessary, revise supervisor’s files.
- Maintain manager’s calendar, scheduling meetings and appointments. Regularly arrange travel and hotel accommodations for frequent extended trips. Compile and submit expense reports.
- Open and Review all mail directed to management staff. Compose responses to routine inquiries, and ascertain which items can be delegated to subordinate managers, and forward appropriate items to manager.
- Require continuous Use of technical and business vocabulary and a detailed knowledge of company operations, organizational procedures, and personnel.
- Coordinate high level meetings with associates, business unit-wide meetings, as well as customer meetings.
- Serve as central communication point for associates on human resource and associate relations items.
- Delegate work to one or two clerical associates to Assist with routine duties.
- Follow Up on all assignments delegated to subordinate managers as to status, completion, etc.
- Operate office equipment including fax, copiers, printers, binding machines.
Required Education and Experience:
- Two years related experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, preferred
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request.