Would you like to join the Logistics Company for the World? Have you often wondered how products get from point A to point B? DHL Supply Chain does just that. Become an essential part of everyday life, by contributing to an organization that is Connecting People and Improving Lives. If you have a passion for people, a desire to problem-solve, and eagerness to pursue continuous improvement opportunities… we look forward to exploring career possibilities with you!
The Manager, External Communications is responsible for supporting the Corporate & Marketing Communications agenda of DHL Supply Chain North America, focused primarily on managing media relations. This involves working with management and key internal stakeholders and external media (journalists, influencers) to proactively and positively shape the reputation of DHL Supply Chain North America and DPDHL Group; raise public awareness of the company’s capabilities, achievements, and industry leadership; and increase its media share of voice.
- Lead development and execution of regional media strategy for DHL Supply Chain: manage outreach and engagement with journalists (primarily business and trade media) to drive positive media coverage of DHL Supply Chain North America, including developing content such as press releases, bylined articles, responding to enquiries, and organizing media interviews and briefings as appropriate
- Support the organization of events for external communications as required (press conferences, tours, briefings, sponsorship activations), in close coordination with the DSC NA Marketing team
- Act as strategic counsel to management and other business stakeholders on media relations and external communications issues
- Review and edit partner/customer/vendor communications materials (press releases, written interview responses, by-lined articles), ensure all messages and content clearly communicate and support company’s strategy and business initiatives, and adhere to company’s brand guidelines
- Support crisis response/issues management activities in close coordination with regional internal communications, other business stakeholders (i.e. legal, operations, regulatory affairs), and regional / global communications contacts as appropriate; oversee external communications activities for local DHL Supply Chain site issues
- Support social media and content management initiatives, particularly relating to engagement of media and influencers (including standalone activities for DHL Supply Chain North America and broader regional campaigns)
- Work in close alignment with Marketing, HR, and other relevant business functions to ensure consistency of messaging and maximize commercial/operational impact and relevance of activities
- Lead selected projects and campaigns for Corporate Communications & Responsibility Americas Team (for example, regional conference, media weeks, internal communications campaigns)
- Identify and implement efficiency improvement measures within external communications, based on monitoring and analysis of KPIs
- Manage media relations activities of external vendors (i.e. agencies), as appropriate, in support of business objectives
- Manage relevant administrative duties for function (i.e. reporting, budgeting)
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or other business-related field, required
- Seven years of demonstrated communications experience, preferably in a headquarters environment or agency, required
- Previous work in an international working environment, required
- Experience related to digital communications, preferred
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.