A professional Management Company is actively seeking a highly motivated and experienced Restaurant Manager to manage the Little Crow Golf Resort bar and restaurant. A minimum of three years restaurant management experience required. The Restaurant Manager must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include some weekends and at times may include some holidays. This person must also live within a reasonable distance of the resort.
The Restaurant Manager will create and maintain a customer-driven restaurant while inspiring restaurant associates to do their best. This person will oversee the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service in accordance with restaurant's profitability goals. Restaurant Manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, banquet facility operations and event management, and profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant and banquet operations, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. The Restaurant Manager will report to Blue Sky Hospitality and will be required to operate restaurant to company/management standards.
- Perform administrative duties including: reading and writing reports, orally communicating with customers, associates, corporate office, local associations, etc. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits. Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual and monthly forecasts, etc. Communicate with the public, staff, corporate office and owners.
- Interview, hire supervise and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop and direct all staff to ensure quality of service, product, and profitability.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and approve discipline and all terminations.
- Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for Blue Sky Hospitality and the Little Crow Resort.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Physically tour and visually inspect the facility (front and back of house) on a daily basis. Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout restaurant. Greet and maintain rapport with associates and customers.
- Travel to attend corporate meetings.
- Appropriately handle associate issues in conjunction with Human Resources following Blue Sky Hospitality’s policies.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Required to work a flexible schedule.
- Computer proficiency required in restaurant POS systems.
- Hands on practical experience in restaurant and bar operations
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Ability to train and motivate personnel.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations, as well as sales staff, golf staff and Hotel staff.
- Must have strong management and leadership capabilities with the ability to delegate, give direction and set priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills and strong detail orientation.
- Ability to work well in stressful situations, remaining calm and demonstrating good judgment and self-control in emergency and difficult situations.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to resolve conflict.
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
Due to the cyclical nature of the restaurant industry, may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
This job summary is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
We offer Competitive Salary, Training Programs, Health, Dental & Life Insurance + Bonus Opportunities.
This hotel is managed by Blue Sky Hospitality located in Elk River, MN.