Creates a welcome environment for Customers. Sells tickets to movies and special events. Provides movie and event information. Enforces film studio and theatre admission policies. Cleans and maintains the box office area. Responsible for security of cash and tickets. The Box Office Cashier may also be asked to double as the Concession Worker, Restaurant Worker, or Usher, as staffing needs require, and should, therefore, be able to perform the essential functions of those positions as well.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Greets Customers and visitors in a professional manner.
- Provides movie, special event, and general theatre information.
- Suggests alternative movie selections, as appropriate.
- Enters ticket sale, accepts payment, processes transaction, and makes correct change.
- Prevents underage children from seeing adult audience (R-rated and NC-17 rated) movies.
- Complies with film studio admittance policies, including any pass and/or discount ticket restrictions.
- Processes pass admissions.
- Voids passes, coupons, and discount tickets after the transaction has finished.
- Processes refunds when necessary and completes any required forms.
- Answers telephone in a professional manner.
- Keeps box office area clean and clutter-free.
- Responsible for cash balance at end of shift.
- Updates box office marquees and displays.
- Watches for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Available to work evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities.
- Ability to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend in English.
- Ability to speak clearly and to hear or lip-read adequately.
- Manual dexterity and an aptitude for mathematics is required to make change, operate computerized ticketing equipment, and change box office signage boards or displays.
- Box offices are often small and enclosed spaces in which a Cashier is required to stand or sit for an extended period of time.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Accurate cash handling and math skills.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the theater.
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer